Why become a member? ×

What is the heaviest you comfortably listen to?

ubit

42 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I get ads like crazy when watching youtube on my phone. The algorithm they have for working out a suitable pause in the broadcast to break for an ad is hilariously bad.

On my desktop PC (probably because I'm signed into google elsewhere), no ads. But also I have Adblock Plus installed.

Dont use my mobile to access much on line ie Youtube but none on my laptop

Open to any 'heavy' music...right up to the point where the vocalist sounds like they're clearing a fur ball from their throat, retching, sounding like they're almost about to vomit, clearing mucus from the throat or any other similar noises.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Open to any 'heavy' music...right up to the point where the vocalist sounds like they're clearing a fur ball from their throat, retching, sounding like they're almost about to vomit, clearing mucus from the throat or any other similar noises.

Have to say that's painted an image i wasn't expecting while eating my late dinner 😂

Dave

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ubit said:

Blocked on Safari. I have an iMac which uses Safari. I might have to change.

I downloaded Firefox for Mac and tried Youtube. Got adverts then realised I have Adblock plus on Safari but not on Firefox. Downloaded Adblock plus onto Firefox and I am now ad free on YouTube. What an incredible relief. 

• Like 2

On 04/06/2021 at 09:26, Barking Spiders said:

Some metal bands indeed praps make up for the lack of good music by dressing up but there's those like Lamb of God and Gojira who don't dress up or have gimmicks. Heck, there's not even one (visible) tattoo in Gojira! In one previous post LOG and Fiver Finger Death Punch were lumped together. No! While LOG are mighty, hyper aggressive and and don't do sappy ballads or whine about how hard they've been done by, FFDP are the natural heir to Limp Bizkit, except that Ivan bloke is an even bigger tool than Fred Durst. FFDP are fkin awful. Their lyrics are among the worst in any genre. 

LOG I like - some of the guitar & drumming is really intricate, which I hadn't noticed so much on the cd's but more when I've seen them live at Download

Five Finger Death Punch are right up my street. I love their sound and the balance between clean and heavy vocals. I couldn't care less if their singer is a tool just as I don't care that Limp biz kit have a tool for a singer. Let's face it there is no bigger tool than Bonio but U2 have some good songs.

Dissapointing to read the disrespect on here for other people's likes/fave music. 

Much goodness in this thread too luckily. There's no heavy enough for me personally, although extreme and heavy are not synonyms. While the Zorn type free jazz influences make for extreme music it often lacks the impact to be heavy I think.

On 07/06/2021 at 16:13, ubit said:

Five Finger Death Punch are right up my street. I love their sound and the balance between clean and heavy vocals. I couldn't care less if their singer is a tool just as I don't care that Limp biz kit have a tool for a singer. Let's face it there is no bigger tool than Bonio but U2 have some good songs.

@ubit I took this photo of FFDP at Wembley last year. Thought you may appreciate.

ffdp.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bolo said:

Dissapointing to read the disrespect on here for other people's likes/fave music. 

Haven't seen much in the way of disrespect, just expressions of love it/hate it and of course, pointing out how metal (sometimes ironically but not always!) becomes a parody of itself... I see far more vitriol toward rap (which also suffers from the same same-ness and occasional daftitude)!

Just shows how one man's "hey that's awesome in the truest sense of the word!" is another's "wtf is that awful racket, kids nowadays don't know how to make music" etc...

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Haven't seen much in the way of disrespect, just expressions of love it/hate it and of course, pointing out how metal (sometimes ironically but not always!) becomes a parody of itself... I see far more vitriol toward rap (which also suffers from the same same-ness and occasional daftitude)!

Just shows how one man's "hey that's awesome in the truest sense of the word!" is another's "wtf is that awful racket, kids nowadays don't know how to make music" etc...

Ive said this before. There is no such thing as shyte music. It's just that you don't like it. Someone else does somewhere else.

• Like 3