Why become a member? ×

What is the heaviest you comfortably listen to?

ubit

13 minutes ago, ubit said:

Metal isn't the first to come out with dodgy lyrics. Look at most sixties songs. Grown men leering at young girls and we shouldn't be doing this because you are too young etc.Some of the songs are totally paedo!

Perhaps you misread, it is indeed mostly the popular music that has the creepy sexual predator content. Most metal lyrics call out shocking human behaviour IME

3 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I've never forgotten that line. iirc he had got himself some anthrax antidote ready. Does that sound right?

Yes I believe that's correct 😁

I was trying to recall but I cba to go searching for it. Can you remember who it was?

Edited by MHMSWC#03

45 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

Yes I believe that's correct 😁

I was trying to recall but I cba to go searching for it. Can you remember who it was?

I could ba:

Scott Ian told the Washington Post he had stocked up on ciprofloxacin, the favoured antibiotic that kills anthrax.

"I will not die an ironic death," he insisted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Have you read Scott’s autobiography?

Its pretty cool! If a little too brief.

I think he released another book which has much of the stuff he left out of the autobiography, but which had featured on the spoken word tour he was doing shortly before the autobiography came out.

Speaking of Anthrax, anyone else enjoying their 40th anniversary videos? They're very enjoyable. Joey is about to look really sad in the next episode. Viva Bushthrax!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

I think he released another book which has much of the stuff he left out of the autobiography, but which had featured on the spoken word tour he was doing shortly before the autobiography came out.

Speaking of Anthrax, anyone else enjoying their 40th anniversary videos? They're very enjoyable. Joey is about to look really sad in the next episode. Viva Bushthrax!

Nooooo. Heretic!

Seriously though, I have seen Anthrax several times, both Belladonna and Bush eras (and Belladonna again obvs). Much prefer Joey, it's not Anthrax without him. I was so pleased when he came back!

• Like 1

I grew up with Joey and love his stuff, saw them on the State of Euphoria tour, but the Bush albums are fantastic and woefully maligned. The WCFYA gig in Dublin in 03 was one of the very best gigs I have ever been to (and that's a lot of gigs 😂)

Bushthrax lives!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

I grew up with Joey and love his stuff, saw them on the State of Euphoria tour, but the Bush albums are fantastic and woefully maligned. The WCFYA gig in Dublin in 03 was one of the very best gigs I have ever been to (and that's a lot of gigs 😂)

Bushthrax lives!

I saw them in Wolverhampton on that tour.

I'd been in the pub a week before and got chatting to some guy, and when I walked into the venue on the night of that gig, he was playing in the support band before Anthrax came on. During the break, I went looking for him in the bar and saw him chatting to some girl so I left it. The next time I saw him down the pub, he explained that the girl in question was a relative and if I'd only come and said hello then I could have watched the Anthrax set from side stage.

One of many 'nearly made it' moments that my life seems to be sprinkled with ....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

re: influences

Dave Mustaine has touted his influence from Sabbath so much that Ozzy sent him their latest box set. Dave posted about it on FB.

On 12/06/2021 at 17:10, Stub Mandrel said:

Surprised no mention of Cro Mags?

I saw them with D.R.I. in a small venue, same venue where I saw Testament, Overkill, Metallica, & Vio-Lence.

9 hours ago, Killed_by_Death said:

re: influences

Dave Mustaine has touted his influence from Sabbath so much that Ozzy sent him their latest box set. Dave posted about it on FB.

I saw that Dave Mustaine post on FB yesterday ... Ozzy has suprisingly legible handwriting 😂

Edited by MHMSWC#03

15 hours ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

I saw them in Wolverhampton on that tour.

I'd been in the pub a week before and got chatting to some guy, and when I walked into the venue on the night of that gig, he was playing in the support band before Anthrax came on. During the break, I went looking for him in the bar and saw him chatting to some girl so I left it. The next time I saw him down the pub, he explained that the girl in question was a relative and if I'd only come and said hello then I could have watched the Anthrax set from side stage.

One of many 'nearly made it' moments that my life seems to be sprinkled with ....

When I went to see Anthrax on the Euphoria tour, in Birmingham, I went to Brum centre during the day and I bumped into them in a comic shop. They were cool guys.

3 minutes ago, bartelby said:

When I went to see Anthrax on the Euphoria tour, in Birmingham, I went to Brum centre during the day and I bumped into them in a comic shop. They were cool guys.

Ah amazing! Nostalgia and Comics, right?? Scott Ian was reading 2000AD all those times we were sitting at home reading it too. God, I nearly got a Judge Dredd badge tattooed on my upper right arm when I was 17, imagine that now on a grown woman. Fail.

3 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Sharon probably did it for him...

🤣

A few years ago, I used to work for an antiques restoration company and it wasn't far from Ozzy's UK house in Jordans. Previously, the company had done a lot of work in their home. Sometimes I'd come into work and there'd be some damaged item plonked on my desk that the removal crew had picked up after a party at their house. Rock and roll, eh.

My boss told me that in their bedroom, Sharon and Ozzy had two seperate bathrooms coming off it so they didn't have to share. Good for Sharon, I wouldn't want to use the same bathroom as Ozzy either!

Anyway, I digress ..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

Ah amazing! Nostalgia and Comics, right?? Scott Ian was reading 2000AD all those times we were sitting at home reading it too. God, I nearly got a Judge Dredd badge tattooed on my upper right arm when I was 17, imagine that now on a grown woman. Fail.

🤣

A few years ago, I used to work for an antiques restoration company and it wasn't far from Ozzy's UK house in Jordans. Previously, the company had done a lot of work in their home. Sometimes I'd come into work and there'd be some damaged item plonked on my desk that the removal crew had picked up after a party at their house. Rock and roll, eh.

My boss told me that in their bedroom, Sharon and Ozzy had two seperate bathrooms coming off it so they didn't have to share. Good for Sharon, I wouldn't want to use the same bathroom as Ozzy either!

Anyway, I digress ..

Nostalgia and Comics is exactly right :D
Yeah, bad choice tattoos are a nightmare. Which it why it takes me several years to decide on my next one...

Personally, I wouldn't want to use the same house as Sharon...

6 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Nostalgia and Comics is exactly right :D
Yeah, bad choice tattoos are a nightmare. Which it why it takes me several years to decide on my next one...

Do you remember that young guy Jason who was always giving stuff away? He was a metalhead who worked on the till. He was nuts. I got tonnes and tonnes of free stuff from that shop!

6 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to use the same house as Sharon...

😂

6 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

Do you remember that young guy Jason who was always giving stuff away? He was a metalhead who worked on the till. He was nuts. I got tonnes and tonnes of free stuff from that shop!

😂

I was never much of a comic nut. But I'd pop in there on my way, from the music shop that became Fair Deal, to the little Bass Centre that was around the corner from N&C. I was mainly looking for horror/sci-fi related items.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bartelby said:

I was never much of a comic nut. But I'd pop in there on my way, from the music shop that became Fair Deal, to the little Bass Centre that was around the corner from N&C. I was mainly looking for horror/sci-fi related items.

There used to be so many music shops in Birmingham (and everywhere, I suppose). I remember that guitar shop on the corner, (next to the drum shop?) Whenever we got off the bus to go to Edwards on a Saturday night, it always involved a 10 minute diversion for the boys to stop and drool at the guitars in the window while I stood around bored and thirsty. Every bloody week.

• Like 1

Me and my mate would get the 9am train from Coventry, on a saturday (usually not paying), and spend the day in Swordfish, Tempest, the record shops in Oasis, and the Plastic Factory hunting records and then a large amount of time in Musical Exchanges, playing on guitar/basses that we could never afford.

When we got to 17 years old a pint or two in the Costermonger was also part of the day....

Life was so easy and fun back then...

5 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Me and my mate would get the 9am train from Coventry, on a saturday (usually not paying), and spend the day in Swordfish, Tempest, the record shops in Oasis, and the Plastic Factory hunting records and then a large amount of time in Musical Exchanges, playing on guitar/basses that we could never afford.

When we got to 17 years old a pint or two in the Costermonger was also part of the day....

Life was so easy and fun back then...

I was just about to say the same! Birmingham was so great back then. Tempest especially was really great for underground metal cd's, they even used to stock Christian metal on vinyl.

Underage drinking and dodging the bouncers in Costers on a Saturday afternoon was like a sport. Up and down the stairs ... 🤣

• Haha 1