Why become a member? ×

What is the heaviest you comfortably listen to?

ubit

1 minute ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

I was just about to say the same! Birmingham was so great back then. Tempest especially was really great for underground metal cd's, they even used to stock Christian metal on vinyl.

I think the last record I bought from Tempest was TOOL - Undertow on clear vinyl for £8.99.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 20:11, Ricky Rioli said:

Imagine how wonderful it would be to be  a teenager in 1965 and hearing this and finding it thrilling heavy and dangerous

or going back to '58, being a teenager and listening to Link Wray's "Rumble"

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

or going back to '58, being a teenager and listening to Link Wray's "Rumble"

First delinquent pulls out  length of chain...

Second delinquent whips out a flicknife...

Third delinquent struggles to get his iPhone to recognise his fingerprint...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Heaviest band to comfortably listen to for me , probabky obituary . I have a couple of their albums I forgot about but they have been popping up on my you tube likes and still have that nice foamy fuzzy sound. When the frontman starts sounding like he is getting sick initially , it adds to it . A bit samey, but nothing too harsh ..

On 14/06/2021 at 15:51, Doctor J said:

I grew up with Joey and love his stuff, saw them on the State of Euphoria tour, but the Bush albums are fantastic and woefully maligned. The WCFYA gig in Dublin in 03 was one of the very best gigs I have ever been to (and that's a lot of gigs 😂)

Generally cant abide thrash metal, including Anthrax....until I inadvertantly heard Sound of White Noise. I like the next three albums too. IMO John Bush is a far better singer than Belladonna,

12 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Working my way back through early Metallica, it’s sort of not as heavy as I remember as a kid.

Still, that’s about my limit.

I remember seeing Metallica opening at Donnington back in '85. I thought they were thrash and too heavy for me. I enjoyed the hair metal of Ratt and Bon Jovi at the time. How times have changed. I find Bon Jovi twee now (although I still like a bit of Ratt) and Metallica are one of my faves although now I find Metallica tame compared to some of my likes.

• Like 1