Why become a member? ×

Depressing YouTube Video - Davie504 content

Crawford13

I got bored after about 30 seconds. His monotone voice was irritating.

That said, I hate the wholeYoutube culture.

HEEEEY GUUUUYZ IM GONNA REACT TO THIS REACTION VIDEO AND OMG SOUND ON DON'T SKIP BECAUSE ITS LUUUULLLLZ LIKE AND SUBSCRIIIIIBE BECAUSE MY SOUL IS EMPTYAND I NEED CONSTANT VALIDATION FROM STRANGERS AND TROLLZ ON THE INTERWEBZZZ

• Haha 5

You folks are all sour.

He's found a market and he's smashing it out the park. He's a killer player and would no doubt be able to sit in on most gigs and get the job done better than most (and I would wager much better than those that are moaning about him).

His style, presentation etc may not appeal to all - but the stats speak for themselves. I'm sure he's not going to lose any sleep over comments on BC. You can't really be a creator if you are going to be impacted by comments. The whole of social media is built on engagement... positive and negative.

He's an entertainer... that is using bass as his gimmick. Fair play for him finding the gap in the market and exploiting it.

EDIT: the fact that we are talking about it, clicking and watching - engagement - shows that Davie is winning.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't watch the guy much, but he's an exceptionally talented player, who has more chops than Dewhurst. I admire that he's made a revenue stream out of playing bass. I wish I was as good at doing that!! As with many of his video's this is just a bit of fun. Sadly the humour goes straight over the OP's head.

Edited by chris_b

3 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

You folks are all sour.

He's found a market and he's smashing it out the park. He's a killer player and would no doubt be able to sit in on most gigs and get the job done better than most (and I would wager much better than those that are moaning about him).

His style, presentation etc may not appeal to all - but the stats speak for themselves. I'm sure he's not going to lose any sleep over comments on BC. You can't really be a creator if you are going to be impacted by comments. The whole of social media is built on engagement... positive and negative.

He's an entertainer... that is using bass as his gimmick. Fair play for him finding the gap in the market and exploiting it.

EDIT: the fact that we are talking about it, clicking and watching - engagement - shows that Davie is winning.

I should clarify that in my original post I'm not meaning to imply that all of this content is depressing, or that YouTube bassist are depressing. 

It really just this particular video, as I think that the playing in it is really poor. All of these solos can be played on bass, but he does a really bad job of it in my opinion. 

As has been said he had found his audience and is certainly entertaining them, and presumably making a very nice living for himself. 

1 hour ago, Crawford13 said:

I should clarify that in my original post I'm not meaning to imply that all of this content is depressing, or that YouTube bassist are depressing. 

It really just this particular video, as I think that the playing in it is really poor. All of these solos can be played on bass, but he does a really bad job of it in my opinion. 

As has been said he had found his audience and is certainly entertaining them, and presumably making a very nice living for himself. 

And by playing them badly (we all know that he can play like a beast) - he's started conversation. Engagement. Views. Money. Brilliant move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

And by playing them badly (we all know that he can play like a beast) - he's started conversation. Engagement. Views. Money. Brilliant move.

Dammit your logic is sound. Unfortunately he is just giving fodder to people to say that bass is rubbish. However you are right it's a great business move. 

Just now, Crawford13 said:

Dammit your logic is sound. Unfortunately he is just giving fodder to people to say that bass is rubbish. However you are right it's a great business move. 

You just been fished. And that's why some people are great at social media. They know how to push people's buttons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

This video illustrates perfectly why guitar solos are best played on a guitar.

Or all solos, on anything that isn’t a bass 👀

Bass playing aside (he’s obviously very good). He has 9m subs because he’s very good at what he does. YouTube is an ad platform. A lot of the things people mention that that irritate them, all the gimmicky stuff, is him playing the game very well. 
I don’t think we need to be concerned about his employability as a bassist and I don’t think he’d be interested in the pay cut anyway!

Edited by M@23
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Or all solos, on anything that isn’t a bass 👀

Bass playing aside (he’s obviously very good). He has 9m subs because he’s very good at what he does. YouTube is an ad to platform. A lot of the things people mention that that irritate them, all the gimmicky stuff, is him playing the game very well. 
I don’t think we need to be concerned about his employability as a bassist and I don’t think he’d be interested in the pay cut anyway!

FWIW I’m a big fan of Davie504.

2 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

Unfortunately he is just giving fodder to people to say that bass is rubbish. 

Really, there are people who say that bass is rubbish? And they’re being fuelled by this guy? I had no idea the world was such a dangerous place :) 

• Haha 2