Why become a member? ×

What car is your bass

5 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Surely any Peavey kit is a vintage Land Rover or Toyota Hilux? 

The bass is featherweight. Actually very comfortable and well-balanced, so not at all like a Reliant in that respect, to be fair. Similar amount of posing power, though.

Edited by Earbrass

On 02/06/2021 at 15:50, Fishfacefour said:

Whilst driving home this afternoon I saw a fiat 500 that reminded me of a short scale stingray. Small, light coloured, nippy around town I guess (not having driven either). 

It got me thinking about what car would represent your bass? Is a P bass a lean sports car or a utilitarian people carrier? Is a jazz an SUV or a saloon? 

Bearing in mind I know very little about cars (and not much more about basses), what bass are you driving? 

I have often thought about this, and went a bit further with my detail. 
I thought of a Stingray, given its pickup position, as a RWD V8 muscle car. A P bass as a dependable front wheel drive car. A J bass as a 4WD. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Well not really. Designed, and developed pre tata but all design, development, engineering and build has always been in Birmingham,  just with Indian money. 

I'm not sure Tata would agree with you. I'm sure they're very much about the ownership.

Just now, EBS_freak said:

I'm not sure Tata would agree with you. I'm sure they're very much about the ownership.

I used to work for them. Tata are just a capital investor. They don't get involved in management, engineering or anything except the money. They hired in ze Germans to run it for them.

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

I used to work for them. Tata are just a capital investor. They don't get involved in management, engineering or anything except the money. They hired in ze Germans to run it for them.

So German then?