Why become a member? ×

ACG 4 String Build

zbd1960

As promised, here is the thread to document the building of my bass. It is being built by Alan at ACG. https://www.acguitars.co.uk 

The basics: it will be a 4 string bass with a 32" scale length. The model is a Krell, and I am really looking forward to saying: the awesome power of the Krell... 🙄

I will talk more about it as it progresses. 

Last weekend I chose the various woods and settled after much chewing of the cud on: body - Spanish Cedar; accent layer - Purple Heart; top - Tasmanian Blackwood. The neck will be a 5 piece of Ash and Purple Heart, with Purple Heart fingerboard.

Deposit paid and so build is underway. Alan did say that initial progress will seem rapid, but with builds as with IT the 80/20 rule applies: 80% of the work requires 20% of the time; last 20% takes 80% of the time... So pic has been received today of the body which has been laminated and cut out.

Finished item is going to be around April next year or so... 

C8572C1A-688C-4AA4-B60E-928B18F48104.jpeg

Krell Body 2021-06-02.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Am I going senile or suffering with Deja Vu? I'm sure there's an existing thread...

I'm not going mad!!

No, you're not going mad - but I thought I'd separate the 'build' from me thinking about it... so this thread is in the build folder. If mods think that's pointless, then they can merge them.

Edited by zbd1960

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...