Why become a member? ×

Ibanez EHB1005MS
£700
Redhill, Surrey

Storky

Only purchased in October last year this is a recent model and has only been used at home. The Ibanez EHB1005MS is a 5 string bass guitar with a headless design which keeps the weight down and allows it to balance perfectly on a strap. 

The multi scale fret board is roasted maple with some nice “bird’s eye” markings and it is a thick sounding 33” scale on the G string and a tight and defined 35” on the B. It is easy to play and takes no time to get used to.

The bass features 3 band active EQ including a mid sweep, pared with two Bartolini soap bar pickups.

It sounds great, plays great and looks great. What’s not to like? Reason for sale: upgraded to similar EHB1505MS as I like it so much.

0B54D4A6-C810-4853-BCF3-B75B62805BB9.jpeg

A1D97558-C42F-41FB-B077-CCDC7BEE2C6E.jpeg

Edited by Storky
Spelling mistake
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hi, just seen this and wanted to ask what you think of the 1505MS? Thinking of getting one but at the moment can only order online. I’m wondering if I should take the plunge and just order, or if you recommend trying one first?

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick

Yes, I like the EHB1505MS, the pickups are a bit better, but the others weren’t bad in my opinion. Otherwise they are similar to play, despite different woods.

My only issue is finding occasions to actually use it with a band as the two I play in are a bit retro for this futuristic beast!

Ade

28 minutes ago, Storky said:

Hi Rick

Yes, I like the EHB1505MS, the pickups are a bit better, but the others weren’t bad in my opinion. Otherwise they are similar to play, despite different woods.

My only issue is finding occasions to actually use it with a band as the two I play in are a bit retro for this futuristic beast!

Ade

Awesome thanks, I think this bass is perfect for my band, im just wondering if I should try and track one down and try it out, or just buy online now.

I got mine online without trying it out as they weren’t available and in stock at the time. I put an order in and waited. I think it’s safe to order online, they are very nice instruments, but if you get one with the well documented faults (cracked headstock, knobs that rub due to the shafts not being vertical) you would have to return it. So maybe best to order from a local retailer. My first 1005MS had the cracked headstock but I just got it returned and replaced with another. I sold that one and brought the 1505 instead which was perfect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...