Why become a member? ×

Greetings everyone at Basschat - I hope you’re all well?!

For those how don’t know me, “Hi!” I’m Philip!

Some of you may recognise me from Scott’s Bass Lessons, my writings for Bass Player Magazine, or any of my old teaching haunts (such as London's Institute, or The Players School of Music in Florida)…I’m also a regular at most bass shows…I get about! 

I’ve been busy over the last year creating a little bass platform of my own - I’ve got fingers in so many different cookie jars, that I thought it’ll be really lovely to bring everything together and create something new…thus, I started www.withbassinmind.com.

First up, it's 100% free and not just another subscription channel - that’s not the idea...

There’s a few bits on there about me (sorry), resumé, performance videos, information about my signature j-basses from Overwater and also how to order my books and book private bass lessons. But generally, it’s all just about good vibes and sharing all things bass.

On the .com website there's loads of my archived magazine articles, techniques classes, transcriptions, interviews and reviews that you can help yourself too. On the YouTube channel I’ve been collating some interviews with everyone from Victor Wooten, to Damian Erskine, David Swift, Mo Foster, Jeff Berlin, Snow Owl, and Neil Fairclough - all of which are available on the YouTube Channel (I’ll post some links below in the thread). Occasionally, we also do some competitions, only this week we announced the winner of our Ashdown Engineering giveaway (Mark Ellis). 

Anyhow, thanks for reading, come and pop by if you like - I’m also on all of the usual social media platforms.

My best, stay safe

Philip

WBIM - Facebook.jpeg

Edited by Phil Mann
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

Phil who...?!?

I'm kidding!! Just had a quick butchers at the website (nice clean design, btw) and will head back asap for a longer visit. :) 

Don't worry, it happens all the time - even my mum forgets my name when I call her! LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

Wow that's awesome! You're probably my favourite tutor on SBL because of your no nonsense approach. Looking forward to having a proper look at these when I finish work. 👋

Thank you, Sarah - that's lovely of you to say. I Was called only earlier today to do some more filming, so I hope there will be some more content on that platform soon.

:) PMx

• Like 1