Why become a member? ×

Dream house?

mowf

Completely silly question this but I’m enjoying not having to think about anything important for a couple of days:

You finally move into your dream house. Do you have a bass in every room, or just one room with all of them in?

28 minutes ago, mowf said:

...You finally move into your dream house...

This occurred nearly half a century ago now. Yes, there's a bass (or several...) in every room, drums set up at either end of the cottage, and we trip over guitars, keys, cabs, PA stuff and more. We squeeze a little furniture in between the cracks. :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 4

Depends a bit on whether it's my dream home or our dream home  ........

If it's our dream home then would have one room dedicated to music, with all my guitars, amps and recording equipment.....plus a drum kit. 

If it's my dream home then the same plus a guitar and bass and small amp in the living room.

We’re just moving into a new house. It’s not a dream house as such, but we like it and, despite wanting to downsize, it’s bigger than our last house. Lady Ez will have a room for her office and I’ll have a full sized room for my music (in the last house, it was a very small box room). Whilst I’ll have the vast majority of my musical stuff in ‘my’ room, I want to have a guitar and maybe a bass in one of the living rooms. In an ideal world, I’ll finally get a DB/EUB and that will certainly live downstairs in one of the living rooms (Lady Ez does like the idea of them as a piece of furniture, so it’ll need to be a proper DB or an EUB with one of those small bodies).

• Like 1

My dream house would look an awful lot like my drummer mate's place... lovely old farmhouse, with the barn fully set up as a really lovely rehearsal and recording facility**. So, probably a smattering of acoustic instruments in the house, but everything else in the barn.

** the control room has changed beyond all recognition since the photos were taken... it looks like the bridge of the Enterprise now. Utterly baffling but marvellous to hear. 

Edited by Rich
  • Thanks 1

I saw a house for sale last year which contained both a wrapping room and a flower room. Ever since then they have become essential rooms to have in my next house. I will find room for my bass kit, as long as I have those two rooms to wrap presents and arrange flowers. 😄

• Haha 2

I think my dream house would have a music room and a ballroom (which would be ideal for big band rehearsals and also house a concert grand piano). I'd also have a drumkit and a few other bits and bobs in the music room. I'd still just have 1 bass though, but maybe 2 amps - one in each room.

I'd have three rooms - first, a rehearsal studio with all our instruments in it - PA, backline, four basses, six guitars, two keyboards, drum kit, euphonium, baritone horn, trumpet - with black walls decorated with classic posters, a few vintage neon signs and an illuminated Route 66 petrol pump. Plus a vintage Wurlitzer jukebox complete with bubbler. Cliches perhaps, but I like them.

Second, a performance space with a stage and lighting rig. Ideally with doors to the rehearsal studio so I could just wheel kit between the two. Performance space would also double as a home cinema, complete with proper cinema seats.

Third, a recording studio.

That, plus a library with rugs on a stone floor,  a huge fireplace, floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, well-stocked drinks cabinet and an armchair with wings that you just sink into and a matching footstool would be my ideal.

Edited by lozkerr
spelling
  • Like 3

On 31/05/2021 at 17:14, ezbass said:

We’re just moving into a new house. It’s not a dream house as such, but we like it and, despite wanting to downsize, it’s bigger than our last house. Lady Ez will have a room for her office and I’ll have a full sized room for my music (in the last house, it was a very small box room). Whilst I’ll have the vast majority of my musical stuff in ‘my’ room, I want to have a guitar and maybe a bass in one of the living rooms. In an ideal world, I’ll finally get a DB/EUB and that will certainly live downstairs in one of the living rooms (Lady Ez does like the idea of them as a piece of furniture, so it’ll need to be a proper DB or an EUB with one of those small bodies).

She’s a keeper

• Like 1
  • Haha 1