Why become a member? ×

Fretted/ Fretless Headless Cricket Bat Bass

I tried a similar thing out ( second hand used I think) in one of the London guitar shops many years ago ( when they still existed)  it was the same configuration but had a proper "body" ...it was quite good in fact and had it been a bargain I would've been tempted....headless I don't mind at all, I had one of those "The Jack" basses and used it for gigs, it sounded decent and stayed in tune so all good.

The thing I'm not keen on with your one here is the lack of a body really, interesting find tho 👍

12 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I tried a similar thing out ( second hand used I think) in one of the London guitar shops many years ago ( when they still existed)  it was the same configuration but had a proper "body" ...it was quite good in fact and had it been a bargain I would've been tempted....headless I don't mind at all, I had one of those "The Jack" basses and used it for gigs, it sounded decent and stayed in tune so all good.

The thing I'm not keen on with your one here is the lack of a body really, interesting find tho 👍

I do have a headless bass/guitar doubleneck.

IBpLoJL.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Something like that would be good, but personally I've absolutely no use for a git!.....a fretted and fretless like the OP but with a body like the one above was (as I recall) the type of thing I tried and thought was cool !

gordy03.thumb.jpg.bccc0a08e643325fa62be2fba37074a8.jpg

That sort of thing, like?

7 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

gordy03.thumb.jpg.bccc0a08e643325fa62be2fba37074a8.jpg

That sort of thing, like?

Indeed....the one I tried was a headless version of a thing like that, unfortunately I can't recall what make it was, the body was in black and darkish RW or whatever fingerboards, the fretless neck was plain unlined

The op ebay one is on about 100 quid+ loose change at the mo.. be fun to see what it sells for in the end !

Edited by Waddo Soqable