Why become a member? ×

Shuker Fretless 5 string - £1100 ONO - Open To Sensible Offers - *SOLD*
£1650
Berkhamsted

MrT-Bass

So i'm probably going to regret this but needs must at the moment....£Sold 

Here we have my fantastic Shuker fretless 5 string. If you know Jon's work, you'll know what you're looking at. This bass is stunning in both looks and playability. It was commissioned by me and received in February 2019. I've spent a lot of time playing it at home but it has never really been out of the studio so is in 'as new' condition apart from some minimal wear on the board. Comes with a Hiscox hard case. Bank transfer preferred and shipping at buyers expense. (It'll be very well packaged!!)

Weight 4.35kgs

Specs are as follows - 

5 string J bass fretless

34” scale

46mm nut width

66mm wide at 12th fret

76 wide at 24th fret

72mm string spacing at the bridge

20mm neck depth at 1st fret

21.7mm at 12th

270mm 12th fret to front edge of neck pickup

355mm to bridge pickup

3 piece maple deep set neck, no black veneers

African ebony fretless board, fully lined

two way truss rod

carbon fibre reinforcement

Luminlay side dots

brass nut

plain maple headstock veneer to hide laminates

black shuker sig

headstock 1, 4+1

Hipshot ultralite cloverleaf tuners

satin neck lacquer (slight vintage tint)

J bass custom shape, deeper cutaway, extended horn

swamp ash body, no chambers

polyester basecoat

Gloss Black nitro colour

parchment s/plate (tort spare)

chrome hardware

rear rout

Schaller 2000 bridge

removable ramp

Kent Armstrong dual coil pickups with switch for single coil

john east pre, uni pre, passive tone

battery level indicator

side jack

IMG_9177.thumb.jpg.2f95f2b28bbf208beab3984a05a3d916.jpg

IMG_9178.thumb.jpg.23bc508557303cea3885fd5c6c8351a7.jpg

IMG_9179.thumb.jpg.dd32855b36ff3c807f812da863bfb4f6.jpg

IMG_9180.thumb.jpg.a330d5c9d35802364aa6978a078bd014.jpg

IMG_9181.thumb.jpg.dfe87717d53bb8f0fbb531df87d8241b.jpg

IMG_9183.thumb.jpg.073a76d1d992804e7b2b5fd81b17d44a.jpg

IMG_9184.thumb.jpg.b7503f31b85d5acbdb94cef88844f246.jpg

Edited by MrT-Bass
Price drop
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Gabriel1918 said:

That has to sound great.  What's the radius on the board?

I think it's the same as my other Shuker so it'll be 17". It's really comfortable!!

Edited by MrT-Bass

47 minutes ago, diddywah said:

Just signed a custom order for a black jazz 5 fretless from another luthier....it's gonna cost almost twice this, so someone is getting a really good deal here... GLWTS

Thanks mate...yes, this is a pretty good price for the build quality, etc...plus no wait time. It's in 'as new' condition apart from some very minimal wear on the board. 

Here's a link to my feedback for anyone wanting assurances - 

4 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Do you have any sound clips of this?

I don't have any that are clearly audible but can put a few together when I get some time...maybe over the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few samples for those who were asking...Kind of makes me want to keep it. 

Best with headphones. Groove sample was biased to the front pickup and melody sample towards the back.

Edited by MrT-Bass
  • Like 5

On 25/06/2021 at 00:42, MrT-Bass said:

Here are a few samples for those who were asking...Kind of makes me want to keep it. 

Best with headphones. Groove sample was biased to the front pickup and melody sample towards the back.

Sounds lush Tiernan! I'm after a fretless at the moment, but this is out of my budget for now.

What's the jazz standard you're playing in the second clip? It's on the tip of my tongue, can't quite remember it....

2 minutes ago, Huw Foster said:

Sounds lush Tiernan! I'm after a fretless at the moment, but this is out of my budget for now.

What's the jazz standard you're playing in the second clip? It's on the tip of my tongue, can't quite remember it....

Ahhh it just came back to me. Stella!

GLWS.

On 28/06/2021 at 11:38, Huw Foster said:

Thanks @Huw Foster ...I'm surely going to regret selling this but I can't justify keeping at the moment. 

On 28/06/2021 at 11:40, Huw Foster said:

Ahhh it just came back to me. Stella!

GLWS.

Yes...a bit of Stella...with dodgy intonation it seems 😂   Nothing to do with the bass I must add...Just a lack of time playing this lovely bass!!

Here's another clip from an old practice log when jumpers were still in order...oh wait, they kind of still are!!

Anyone interested in this fine specimen? 

Edited by MrT-Bass
  • Like 8

On 25/06/2021 at 00:42, MrT-Bass said:

I think the sound in that second video is one of the best fretless sounds I think I've ever heard.. 👏👏

16 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

I think the sound in that second video is one of the best fretless sounds I think I've ever heard.. 👏👏

Man...this is hard enough already 😂   Appreciate that though!!

Thursday bump...Just heard Jon is super busy at the moment so if you're in the market for a fretless Shuker and want to save the money and time, this is a superb option!! (just sayin' 😉 ) 

If it helps, I even had a tort scratch plate especially made at the time so you can always change it up...the ramp is removable too!

• Like 1

• MrT-Bass changed the title to Shuker Fretless 5 string - Sound samples added - price drop £1450 ovno
  • MrT-Bass changed the title to Shuker Fretless 5 string - SOLD