Why become a member? ×

Great price for Rotosound Nexus on Amazon

Oh dear me too. Been meaning to try them and at that price its a no brainer (i have no brain).

Edited by Chienmortbb

20 hours ago, stewblack said:

They are really nice actually. Feel like strings, nothing weird or unusual and they're bright without being thin and rattly, but fat enough for me. 

Look sweet too 

IMG_20210601_145445.jpg

IMG_20210601_145514.jpg

Only had mine on since Monday but as they are coated im not expecting much change in tone any time soon, so far I really like them , they have a similar tone to Swing bass66 but with a little bit less highs and stronger midrange, people that like a lot of midrange will like these a lot, people who scoop their tone not so much

From reviews I've read they're just normal Rotos 66s with a black coating which, according to reviews, is prone to wearing off. So they are essentially "less expensive" Black Beauties or Auroras.

At first I thought they were Tapewounds due to the wording "coated". Not the case. Rotosound are producing well priced tapewounds.

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/strings-c1/string-sets-c865/bass-guitar-c34/rotosound-tru-bass-flatwound-rs88ld-bass-strings-65-115-black-nylon-p799?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2NyFBhDoARIsAMtHtZ6pBbV-qAJIRRArikZ5ZRV-WwxR7CJcYs1OO24wzffLZgMmFa1NKDAaAiPQEALw_wcB#fo_c=1949&fo_k=4b58082cbb4dd65feb18ed9194ed8d28&fo_s=gplauk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=

There's nothing revolutionary about the Nexus range - except maybe the price.

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

From reviews I've read they're just normal Rotos 66s with a black coating which, according to reviews, is prone to wearing off. So they are essentially "less expensive" Black Beauties or Auroras.

At first I thought they were Tapewounds due to the wording "coated". Not the case. Rotosound are producing well priced tapewounds.

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/strings-c1/string-sets-c865/bass-guitar-c34/rotosound-tru-bass-flatwound-rs88ld-bass-strings-65-115-black-nylon-p799?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2NyFBhDoARIsAMtHtZ6pBbV-qAJIRRArikZ5ZRV-WwxR7CJcYs1OO24wzffLZgMmFa1NKDAaAiPQEALw_wcB#fo_c=1949&fo_k=4b58082cbb4dd65feb18ed9194ed8d28&fo_s=gplauk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=

There's nothing revolutionary about the Nexus range - except maybe the price.

Not quite, they are Alloy 52 strings whereas Roto 66 are stainless steel, the Alloy 52 gives them a slightly less bright but more midrange heavy tone

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/06/2021 at 12:19, shoulderpet said:

Only had mine on since Monday but as they are coated im not expecting much change in tone any time soon, so far I really like them , they have a similar tone to Swing bass66 but with a little bit less highs and stronger midrange, people that like a lot of midrange will like these a lot, people who scoop their tone not so much

And a month on I think I might just go back to Rotosound Swingbass 66.

I like the extra mids from these strings but I feel like in the month I have had them on that signature Rotosound midrange growl that I liked has kind of gone and what I am left with is a fairly polite, darkish sounding set of strings, i wonder if this is down to the coating on them