Why become a member? ×

DR Bass 2x12 SOLD
£275
St Helens

I'm having a big rethink of my gear after a particularly bad episode with my back a couple of weeks ago and seriously downscaling size wise. 

First up is my DR Bass cab. Although its a lightweight Neo cab I'm opting for a single 12" solution and a possible extension cab in the near future. 

I bought this cab second hand last year and TBH I don't know a great deal about it. Made in the USA (not sure when), in very good condition and 600w at 4 ohms. It dose exactly what I'd expect from it. Sounds great with the heads I've used with it. Bright, clear and punchy.  

Collection from St Helens Merseyside or I can meet/deliver within reasonable distance at fuel costs. 

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Edited by bigthumb
  • Like 5

Sorry to hear about your back, I had similar trouble a year or so ago and you are literally scared to move once you've experienced the pain so I can appreciate you wanting to downsize.

Looks like a good quality cab, GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Sorry to hear about your back, I had similar trouble a year or so ago and you are literally scared to move once you've experienced the pain so I can appreciate you wanting to downsize.

Looks like a good quality cab, GLWTS.

I've suffered on and off with it since my late teens and having jobs that involved heavy lifting hasn't helped much! The latest episode happened when walking the dogs one morning. For no reason its just 'went'. 

I have to keep my bass gear up stairs so I really need to think about what I have to carry up and down hence the 1x12 neo move. As well as a pain in my back its a pain in the a*se!

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Great idea! 

Sorry to rope you In but your description of a previous epic pass the parcel, was a good read. I heard one of these cabs quite a while ago and it was Xlnt. Is this brand the one that has the pinned thread on Talkbass, a guy called Marc Serio ?

Edited by JottoSW1

2 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Sorry to rope you In but your description of a previous epic pass the parcel, was a good read. I heard one of these cabs quite a while ago and it was Xlnt. Is this brand the one that has the pinned thread on Talkbass, a guy called Marc Serio ?

I wouldn’t know as I never go on TB. 
I don’t think that there’s many of these about, it’s  only the second one I’ve ever seen. I played through one at a bass bash many years ago which sounded fantastic. When this one came up for sale I snapped it up. 

Fabulous cabs, i had the 2460, but had the heavier ceramic drivers and at 65lbst too heavy for me.....looking on the website, they have some superb designs....RIM basses used to import them, but no longer do so....shame

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2021 at 10:08, Bigwan said:

So much want this cab... and the Trace head to go with it!!! Too far away...

I think you're the only one of the few that dose! 

Next to no interest for a quality lightweight 600w cab.  😕

• Like 1

Well, it seems that there’s not a lot of interest here. So I’m willing to trade it for a bass with some cash added by me. I’d be very interested in a G&L Tribute ideally or something with a value of around £400 that takes my fancy. 4 string only and RH. 

• bigthumb changed the title to DR Bass 2x12 Back up for sale and £200 collected.
  • MB1 locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic

Back up for sale as a potential ebay sale fell through. 

£200 collected. I really need this gone and still would consider trading for a G&L Tribute. 

I tried to get suitable packaging to ship this as a few were interested but nothing good enough has come in at work. 

• Like 2