Why become a member? ×

NBD: X2. A 4 and 5 string.

grayn

I went out today, to get a guitar and bass.  I had in my mind to get a Telecaster and either a 4 or 5 string bass.
I did try out a couple of nice Teles but came home with a 4 and 5 string bass, instead.  I already have a very
nice '61 re-issue Jazz Bass, so didn't need another JB.  But I picked up an American Original 70s Jazz Bass,
in vintage white and got rather wowed by it.  Really gorgeous and very smooth to play.  Well, it has different 
pickups, positioned slightly different and different body wood to my '61, so that's my excuse for getting it.
I also tried a couple of Cort 5-stringers.  A GB75JH which is incredibly good, for very little cash.  But the one
that came home with me was an A5 Plus SCMS, which is a single cut bass, with a through neck and multiscale 
fretting and really excellent spec.  Bartolini Mk1 pickups, Hipshot hardware and some beautiful woods. Including
Ash body, with a spalted maple top and a maple and panga panga neck.  The pre amp works really nicely
with 3 band EQ, vol, pan and a passive/active switch.
2 very different basses, in pretty much every way but both are a real buzz to own and play.  The Jazz will be
more for band playing, the Cort for noodling and recording.  Though I may take it to band practice, for some fun.

A.jpgB.jpg

D.jpg

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Congrats, Lovely jazz grayn, I’ve had a few of those, they play so nice, which one did you play first when you got home 🙂

Thanks.  The JB of course.  But later on I spent ages noodling on the Cort.  It's whole feel and tone just makes me experiment more.  Made me go all King Crimson😸

• Like 1

• 5 months later...