Why become a member? ×

SOLD: DHA VT1 EQ (Reduced to £90)
£100
Twickenham

SumOne

Edit: Sold

£100 £90 Twickenham pickup or postage at buyers cost.

This is a valve/tube overdrive/preamp/EQ pedal with a 12AX7 valve, hand built in the UK and designed specifically for Bass ..if you're after tube type overdrive pedal then your best bet is to get something with one!

Info from: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/dha/vt1/eqdrive/bass#info.

"The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive from DHA is a hand built valve Overdrive effects pedal which uses a 12AX7 (ECC83) preamp valve to provide true valve tone, the tone generated has to be heard to be believed! The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive is suited to bass and keyboard players looking for subtle clean to crunch valve tone for blues and rock. This new model to our VT1 range has a 3 band active EQ with mid range Q plus an XLR balanced DI out.

Please check out our website for sound clips and forums such as basschat, harmony_central, talkbass and finnbass for reviews and comments.

Overdrive is achieved by using both gain stages in the 12AX7EH valve/tube to generate the classic valve pre-amp overdrive tone plus a clean op-amp boost is available for extra output volume. The valve is ran at 24V DC so valve soft clipping is generated at low levels of gain and this is amplified by the valve's second stage and the selectable op-amp to provide lots of overdrive volume. This is great with modern solid state amps and fantastic with valve amps. The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive sounds great when plugged directly into a desk or a digital recording setup via the low noise XLR balanced DI output.

The Gain and Level controls let you select that tone you been looking for! And don't forget the volume and tone on your guitar which will react well with the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive just like a real valve amp. There is a true By-Pass Foot Switch which is used to select the Overdrive and EQ part of the circuit but the DI remains on all the time. This means you can use the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive to DI your other effects or just the bass with or without adding the VT1's valve warmth.

The 3 band active EQ provides +/- 15dB of cut and boost in each range plus the mid tone control has a Q control so you can adjust the sweet spot frequency.

There is a bright switch on this model which boosts the treble when selected without losing the bottom end. There is an i/p pad control which is useful when using active or high output pickups.

The tone is prue valve, fat and warm and completely different to silicon effects pedals which tend to fizz and compress the signal. Unlike silicon pedals you can use the volume control on your bass to control the amount of distortion you want, just turn it up for the solo.

There is a selectable boost function. This adds additional clean output volume to the valve signal using a low noise op-amp. This function is very usefull when very low levels of gain are required for clean but fat valve tones. The boost control allows the user to set the boost level.

The output of the VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive is connected to a standard 1/4" jack for use with an amp and an XLR balanced DI connector which is in parallel. This means both outputs can be connected at the same time, so the 1/4" might go to the amp for the stage backline and the DI to the PA or desk. The DI is also intended for studio recording as the pedal is really a valve/tube pre-amp so will add warmth to any set up. There is a DI ground lift switch which is useful if a ground loop hum occurs."

...not many (any?) pedals will tick all these boxes for £90.

Bought from here about 6 months ago with the proviso that it had some ground buzz with a certain setup, that has never been an issue for me using the in/out 1/4" jacks - but I've not used it as a DI through the XLR so that might be where the issue was (I don't have anything with an XLR input to check), or perhaps it was a grounding or power supply issue. The headphone output is quite hissy, I think that's just the way it is on all of these though.  I've only used it as an effect pedal using jacks in/out for it's valve preamp /EQ/overdrive tones and it works great for that, not unusual hiss or noises. So it's being sold as what I used it for - an preamp/EQ/overdrive effect pedal using the 1/4" input/output jacks, not for using the XLR output as I can't test and guarantee the quality of that. Power supply included.

My seller feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/446834-feedback-for-sumone/?tab=comments#comment-4400336

thumbnail_20210528_124250.jpg

thumbnail_20210528_124240.jpg

20210619_112849.jpg

20210619_113158.jpg

20210619_113109.jpg

20210619_113015.jpg

Edited by SumOne
Sold

Just now, Stofferson said:

When used as a pedal does it hiss, or is it fine on the usual in and outs?

It's fine to be used as pedal with the 1/4 jack in/outs, the usual amount of hiss that you'd get with an overdrive pedal if you turn the drive up high. 

I'm not sure there's actually anything wrong with the XLR either: There was a thread on TB with someone saying their XLR from their DHA hissed too much but the response was that it's a grounding issue of the thing it's going into.

The XLR is great for going into the desk.

It's saved my bacon on a couple of occasions when my amp has died. Sounds great too.

The boost button is huge (be careful)

And not noisy (well, the headphone out is but the rest is fine)

Edited by skidder652003
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic