Why become a member? ×

Are you a Lebowski? Creedence or Eagles?

Chiliwailer

Creedence or Eagles?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is most close to your usual vibes?

• Creedence Clearwater Revival
    • Eagles
    • Neither for me mate...

I don't get the Lebowski reference either......

However because

•  heard Hotel California and Bad Moon Rising at too many open mics and folk circles 
  •  I don't listen to either band

I'm going neither.

But at a guess I reckon CCR would more up my street.

Generally I've no time for Eagles though I did like One of These Nights and for a while Life In The Fast Lane. As for CCR they seem to be a perennial fave on Planet Rock. For the life of me I dunno why. To my ears they sound very pedestrian, as rudimentary as AC/DC and I can't stand the guy's vocals.

I’m more into Labowki than either The Eagles or CCR but there wasn’t an option for that. If pushed would go CCR. The Eagles do what they do well but as Mr Waits said about Ol 55, “It’s a bit antiseptic”

Edited by tegs07

Just now, FinnDave said:

I read the entire entry and am none the wiser. I don't suppose it matters really.

It’s a Cohen Brothers film and the main character expresses a preference between the aforementioned bands. It’s also highly recommended viewing.

2 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

After Hotel California, Journey of the Sorcerer is probably The Eagles best known track even if most people aren't aware it's by them.

Yep. I was remember being rather surprised when I found out.

I like both for different reasons.... but I'd take Tom Johnston-era Doobie Brothers (with their mix of country, r'n'b and southern rock) over both of them. Almost like a melding of the two....

33 minutes ago, cetera said:

I like both for different reasons.... but I'd take Tom Johnston-era Doobie Brothers (with their mix of country, r'n'b and southern rock) over both of them. Almost like a melding of the two....

Point well made :)

• Thanks 1

Although I love both bands, I’ve gone for The Eagles. All great vocalists, a solid legacy of albums and still going strong in their latest incarnation. Was a fan of Joe Walsh too before he joined them so that helps, same as with current member Vince Gill. Saw them at Stafford Bingley Hall in 1977 on the Hotel California tour, and the gig remains one of the best I’ve seen.

CCR also had great songs, loved their more stripped down approach but like someone mentioned earlier I do find John Fogerty’s vocals a bit wearing after a while. Still a classic band though.