Why become a member? ×

Are you a Lebowski? Creedence or Eagles?

Chiliwailer

Creedence or Eagles?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is most close to your usual vibes?

• Creedence Clearwater Revival
    • Eagles
    • Neither for me mate...

Jeff Lebowski was a CCR kind of guy, upsetting Eagles loving cabbies along the way.

In fun - being a CCR fan too, listening to Eagles recently made me think about Lebowski, the dude.  I’m not into all their stuff, but I won’t knock Eagles as the proof is clearly in the pudding, great talented band. Our rabbits love them, but not CCR 😂, which made me wonder what BC thinks?

Love a bit of Eagles, me.  Their O2 'History' gig (2014!  How did that happen?) remains one of the best gigs I have ever seen. 

Not so keen on CCR but still like a few of their chunes.

9 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

'Hotel California' trumps 'Bad Moon Rising' by a very wide margin, for me (but I play drums, so what would I know..?). B|

That makes sense, our rabbits treat this place like a hotel, and are sh*t scared of being out when the moon is rising 

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

….but Fortunate Son trumps anything The Eagles have done. In fact, that album ‘Willy & The Poor Boys’ is a cracker.

Having never listened to 'em, I can't disagree. I'll maybe redress this. Thanks for the recommendation (if you're right..! xD ). :hi:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Having never listened to 'em, I can't disagree. I'll maybe redress this. Thanks for the recommendation (if you're right..! xD ). :hi:

So many good albums in addition, Green River, Cosmos Factory, Pendulum (but the skip the last track... southern rockers on acid ain’t pretty...). But if you like/dislike one, then you’re likely to like/dislike all 

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Like 2

I have recently listened to more CCR than The Eagles, not sure what that says as some of that is down to someone else playing the music. I do have an occasional liking to Have You Ever Seen the Rain; especially one or two of the YT videos available. 

Down on the Corner is one of the hardest songs I've ever played; sounds so simple, but very very very very hard to get the feel. CCR had a groove, Eagles were good, but never grooved. They came close, but never close enough. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Sorry, no match for me. I've not been converted; I'm out. :$

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

One of my fave Eagles Tunes.  Doesn't get a lot of airplay and is a bit different to most of their stuff :) Be pleased to see some less known CCR recommendations.

Sticking with your theme of a bit different to most, this is great 

• Thanks 1