Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 and Barefaced Super Twin G3 Question

thebrig

I use a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 head with a  Barefaced Super Twin G3, I think it sounds awesome but I was wondering, I just use one cable to connect the head to the cab, does this give me the full potential of the head and cab?

The head is rated 500W/8ohms, 900W/4ohms, and the Super Twin is 4 ohm nominal impedance.

I don't fully understand how it all works and would appreciate some advice from you more knowledgible folk out there.

Cheers 

If your head is capable of outputting 900w into a 4 ohm load (Which the barefaced cab is) then yes you will be getting the 900w pumping into it - Don't think it's going to sound almost twice as loud though ☺️

Is the head rated at 900w peak into 4 ohm?

Edited by Bassybert

3 minutes ago, Bassybert said:

If your head is capable of outputting 900w into a 4 ohm load (Which the barefaced cab is) then yes you will be getting the 900w pumping into it - Don't think it's going to sound almost twice as loud though ☺️

Thanks for the reply, according to the specs, yes.

500W/8ohms, 900W/4ohms

No worries, that sounds like a great combination you've got there.

With a 4 ohm load instead of 8 ohm it's going to sound a 'bit' louder so in effect you'll have more clean headroom to play with, but with the 2 top quality pieces of kit you have, I doubt you'd be able to hear any differences in clean headroom as you'd be deaf by that point!

Edited by Bassybert

Yep, it'll be fine with the single cable...and yeah, the cab'll go ridiculously loud, so unless you (and anyone else in the band) don't have functioning ears, you'll have headroom to spare; my ST will drown any drummer (and more than kept up with two Marshall JCM 100/412 Marshall guitards in a classic rock band) with a 300w (Walkabout) head...

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've had the Genz Benz Shuttles 9.2 head for around five years and always used it with two Genz Benz Shuttle 2x10 cabs, and to be honest, it sounded great, but then I thought if the Barefaced Super Twin can give me the same, or more in just one cab, then that would be a better option.

I've only used the Genz Benz/Barefaced setup in rehearsal so far, but I think this combination sounds even better, so I'm one happy bunny! 🙂

On 27/05/2021 at 00:40, Bassybert said:

The amp is rated at 900 watts RMS into 4 ohms.

• Like 1