Why become a member? ×

Turntable, Steinberg AI & Studio Monitors

skb558

I haven’t had a proper ‘music’ system for years, having lived in a house with built-in speakers and streamed music for the last 10 years.

My office/refuge has my UR242 and powered Studio monitors and I’m considering treating myself to a Rega RP1 turntable.

Anyone got a similar setup? 

Edited by skb558

Yes, I’m thinking of getting the turntable with a built-in phono stage so one less box to clutter the place up.

Quality will depend on the source recording because of the unforgiving nature of the monitors and the only way to tell us to demo it. Just looking for anyone who’s gone down that route. 

Edited by skb558
  • Like 1

Rega rp1 is an excellent entry level turntable. It might be worth looking at getting an external preamp so you can upgrade later (either the TT or preamp) if you feel the need/desire. 

You should be able to buy from somewhere with a decent returns policy if it doesn't suit. 

Hifi has the same element of GAS as bass playing but with way more snake oil about.

• Thanks 1

I paid 2.5k for an Arcam setup about 15 years ago, CD not vinyl and all now sold; don’t intend spending any more than £300/£350 on the RP1.

I can overcome Hi-Fi GAS 😉

Edited by skb558