Why become a member? ×

Elf and super 12 T

Dropzone

Definitely not a good idea.

Do you know what a BF cab looks like inside? There is a complicated bracing system which maintains the strength of the cab. BF cabs are built in a way that every side supports the other. Cut a chunk out of it and you could upset that bracing and reduce the rigidity and strength of the cab, plus reducing the internal volume might change its sound.

Edited by chris_b
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chris_b said:

Definitely not a good idea.

Do you know what a BF cab looks like inside? There is a complicated bracing system which maintains the strength of the cab. BF cabs are built in a way that every side supports the other. Cut a chunk out of it and you could upset that bracing and reduce the rigidity and strength of the cab, plus reducing the internal volume might change its sound.

Sounds like it would be an Elf and Safety issue........

I'll get my coat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's how I would do it if I really felt a need, which I don't.

Macrame a handle out of paracord. Truss the amp around and around, like your Grandma would tie a brown paper wrapped package with string, with the tails of the macrame handle and onwards around the cabinet.

You really don't want to be transporting it with the speakon poking out the back of the cab but you can stuff that end under the string and leave the other plugged in the back of the Elf to satisfy the combo fetish.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FinnDave said:

My Elf doesn't have speakon output sockets, just jacks. I would estimate it takes about 2 seconds to plug each end in.

The combo idea seems to be a solution  to a problem that doesn't exist.

Are you saying my laziness doesn't exist. I can't even be bothered to finish my sen

• Haha 1

I have calculated that the time spent sawing cursing, asking for help, etc. building the Elf into the cab, you could have plugged and unplugged the speaker to amp cable 958,326 times. Even as a combo, you'd still have the effort of plugging in the mains lead and the input lead from your bass.

My laziness refuses to start considering the work involved in sawing up a cab in order to build a tiny amp into it, and if you do decide to do it I shall have to protect myself form any text or images showing or describing any such work. I am far too delicate to be exposed to such an idea :)

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2