• xgsjx
    • Leonard Smalls
    • Nicko
    • lurksalot
    • upside downer
    • Nail Soup
    • Adamg67

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 23:01

Well it's a tough one I grant you.

I have a penchant for all of the above, but right now the choices are below , based on the picture you see chosen by last months co-winner @upside downer who had the nod over @Leonard Smalls for the honour 

Pick your favourite 3 , listen to them all mind , some you might listen to again , oh yes!

b25lY21zOmE2OGExNGI5LTFhOGMtNDFmMS1hMzBmLTA1NWI4YmI2NGI4ODozZDYxYzMwMC00Mzc1LTQ5YTItYmExNi05ZGFiMjljN2VhYjg=.png?crop=61:45,smart&width=800

Your choices ........

1    @Dad3353

Suspense, anguish, doubt, bordering on terror, à la Hitchcock, with these inexpressive 'birds' watching every approaching step. What gauntlet do we have to run..? What are they waiting for..? What do they want with us..? The heart beats apace as the tension mounts. WHAT DO THEY WANT..?

2   @xgsjx

Well I remember the band "A flock of seaguls", so this must be "A band of pigeons", which means it's 80's.  So Synthwave it is!

3   @Leonard Smalls 

The picture reminded me of going into the local butchers shop a few weeks ago... The butcher was expertly dismembering a pigeon for a customer who was going to do a fancy confit of leg with seared breast in hoojahcapivvy sauce. Hence a rap, in the form of a confessional, detailing with a total lack of empathy how being ignored, mistreated and abused as a child led him to a life of murder...

4   @Nicko

Seeing pigeons go round and round in circles reminded me of the discussions on certain, ahem, internet forums and the feeling that they aren't fully in control of their thoughts. So I took a synth and let the synth take over to an extent using the auto arpeggio function.  Like xgsjx I ended up with 80s synth pop. Bits of it remind me of the Pet Shop Boys which would be a good tie in but that's incidental and I didn't set out to recreate that sound. 

5   Lurksalot

I took the picture as being a guard of honour by birds , and that opened up a few options for a story with some wordplay , of course the downside is that my dulcet tones are all on the vocal on this 

6   @upside downer

Inspired by the sheer lunacy of people wearing pigeon heads I've gone oddly peculiar with the lyrics if not the tune which is a bouncy little thing that bobs along happily with a spring in its step. Mrs UD helps out on backing vocals by putting to good use her experience of going "woo woo" on stage with my old band when we used to play 'Sympathy For the Devil'.

7   @Nail Soup

There are lots of phrases involving pigeons -  like pigeon toed and pigeon chest, stool pigeon etc.... and my first notion was a Booker-T style instrumental called "Pigeon Peas".

However the riffage went in a different (Crampy) direction so I ended up using all the phrases into a full set of lyrics.

8 @adamg67

Pigeons.... I always think the name for a wild pigeon is way cooler than for a domestic one: Rock Dove! So I wrote something that I though deserved the title "Rock Dove". It feels like it worked to me, it was what I was aiming for anyway, with the bonus that I managed to use all 3 of my basses on it, and the bass feels like the main instrument even with the guitar on there.

excellent , please be so kind as to put a tick in 3 of the appropriate boxes by....

Midnight on the 31st May , its a bank holiday so plenty of listening time available on this long bank holiday.

ooh , sat outside in the evening with a suitable drink, in front of the fire pit with your headphones on , oh , heaven 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Oh dear, here we go again. Another tie-breaker session needed, probably. It would help if we could garner more than ten voters, perhaps, but how..? Meanwhile, it'll be 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' again. :swoon:

Have we done lurksalittle’s favourite colour yet ?

2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

Have we done lurksalittle’s favourite colour yet ?

Well, we'll wait until ...

J1rpvEo.jpg

... but after that I'm getting a head-start with 'Rock'. We'll see what others come up with to beat that. I'm pretty confident, as rocks are very strong. :|

17 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Can you just vote for your fave one ? (rather than top 3)

Yes, if there's only one that you truly like. Or two, of course. Or the three you like the best. Or none at all. You're the Boss. B|

• Like 1

Wow..! Again, a bit of a cliff-hanger..! I would like to thank my many supporters, my agent, the publicity team (that did a splendid job with the Hollywood promotion effort; Great Stuff, kids..!), and of course, those without whom I wouldn't be standing sitting here : You, The Voting Public...

(Pause for peals of thunderous applause resounding around the stadium...)

Please allow me a few moments to compose myself (dabs at watery eyes with monogrammed pyjama sleeve...)...

I'll be back, shortly, with a...

Brand New Picture For The June Challenge..!

H49Q1OO.gif

13 minutes ago, SH73 said:

Well done to Dad, sort of reminds me the tune from Trigger Happy TV series, secret agent/ spooky.

This one? Starts about 0-51 for the riff. Trigger Happy had some great tunes on it. I still miss the fighting dogs.

Edited by upside downer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1