Why become a member? ×

I need to hear about DiMarzio Model P

such

Hard to know what's discussion in this thread and what's perverse delight in distracting pedantry, but anyway....

14 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Have you opted for a maple neck to go with the dimarzio?

10 hours ago, such said:

it is being built to my order, but to fairly "vintage correct" specs - alder, maple, rosewood, 34", 20 frets, 7.25" radius, nitro, even tort 😬

....thanks for the answer :D

If you ever find yourself wanting to be shot of the DiMarzio P, I'm sure offering it to me would be worthwhile, at this rate I'm not going to stop bugging myself about them until I've bought myself one. Even if I don't have a bass to put it in....

• Like 3

I don't know what is going on in this thread. Obviously hooky_lowdown and killed_by_death have had an argument about something else somewhere else and now there is a bit of stalking going on and it is being plastered over this totally unrelated thread where someone just wanted to know about a pickup. 

absolutely no one asked about any capacitors, so I don't understand why there is a raging argument about it, although I would say that nothing bigger than a millifarad has any application in an audio setting, and anything from a farad upwards would only be seen in an automotive engine, as effectively it would work like a short term battery (and would also need something very big to house it). You would never get something bigger than a micro farad in a bass, unless in the power supply stabilisation of a preamp, so obviously the unties are messed up. A megafarad doesn't exist outside of some crazy science experiment as it would be house sized.

Can we just give it a break?

• Like 1