Why become a member? ×

Recent Mesa update

dmccombe7

Just received this email from Andertons where i had placed a pre-order on a TT800.

To say i'm disappointed in Mesa is an understatement. Enough to put me off them. Not very nice at all.

Andertons have been first class any time i contact them.

I'm writing to you with an update we've just received from our friends at Mesa Boogie.

I'm afraid this is not good news for any customers outside of the USA who currently have a Mesa Boogie product on order. Despite having promised a June 2021 delivery on most of our back orders, I have just been informed that Mesa Boogie will not begin exporting amps from the USA until the end of 2021, possibly early 2022. They are blaming overwhelming demand & terrible parts supply problems. I do have some sympathy with that, but I'm extremely disappointed that they've waited until now to inform us of this decision, and I'm also very disappointed that it appears they will still continue to fulfil orders from dealers in the USA, but not to dealers overseas. I've spoken to everyone I know at Boogie (& their new owners at Gibson) but it seems they are set on this decision, and so sadly we will not be able to fulfil your Boogie order for the foreseeable future. I suspect that most customers with a Boogie order will want to cancel, and if there is anything we can do to advise you of a similar product, please do contact one of our experts either by calling 01483 456777 or by replying to this email.

If you would like to cancel your order please reply to this email & we'll process the cancellation & refund any monies due within the next few days.

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Sad 4

26 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Disappointed with Mesa. Andertons merely placed the order with Mesa.

Dave

Came across as disappointed with Andertons to me when I read the post, was going to say not much they can do about it, it’s Mesa’s fault 😂

Sorry to hear about it being delayed, waiting for gear from the US is hard enough when it’s in stock!

Edited by Bassybert
  • Like 1

Just now, Bassybert said:

Came across as disappointed with Andertons to me when I read the post, was going to say not much they can do about it, it’s Mesa’s fault 😂

Totally agree its Mesa's fault. Andertons have been excellent any time i've contacted them and is my goto shop now.

I'll clarify that on my OP.

Dave

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Get your money back and buy an Ashdown.

No thanks, I've tried them and didn't like them. Plus the TT800 is twin channel with different voicings.

I will however keep looking to see what else is out there.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

Most UK retailers seem to be struggling to get stock of a lot of stuff at the moment.

It seems to be a combination of the pandemic and a shipping container shortage making it unpredictable as to when new stock will actually arrive in the UK.

Edited by Cato

Really sorry to hear this Dave. Sounds like a great job from Andertons and a pretty shamefull business decision from Mesa / Gibson. 

Customer service rule no1 should be fulfil outstanding orders. 

Don't think I will be buying anything Mesa anytime soon. 

Edited by Crawford13
  • Like 2

Andertons offered a full refund but when you have your mind set on the matching amp to the Mesa cabs i just paid £2k for its a little bit annoying to say the least.

My problem is that since using Mesa gear now for past few yrs and loving it i'm loathe to change to something else as i get the sound i'm looking for from Mesa.

Dave

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

Perhaps time to invest in a kemper? You will be able to get the Mesa tone with all the flexibility you could ever dream of. 

I looked at those few yrs back but i just couldn't be bothered with all the programming and parameter settings.

Did consider a few others like Magellan, Handbox and Quilter but the TT800 having twin channels kind of swung it for me in the end.

Dave

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Andertons offered a full refund but when you have your mind set on the matching amp to the Mesa cabs i just paid £2k for its a little bit annoying to say the least.

My problem is that since using Mesa gear now for past few yrs and loving it i'm loathe to change to something else as i get the sound i'm looking for from Mesa.

Dave

Yup totally crap no matter what way you look at it. 

• Like 1

I suspect that @agedhorse will be along.

This is similar to my initial experience. There are differences on the export models (maybe related to voltage) and there was a serious supply issue with some components. That kept delaying my initial order until I was able to resolve it in a different way. In similar fashion (although a completely different product) my new composite front door delivery is being pushed back and back, due to problems with materials.

Similarly, the entire global logistics network is chaotic with a shortage of containers (they're in the wrong place). None of which is any compensation. I can only offer that the amp will be worth the wait and your forbearance will be richly rewarded. In the interim, you still have a stonking amp going through some stonking cabs. You're in a way better position than those poor devils making do with their Ampegs, Ashdowns, Barefaceds and the like 😉

Frustrating as hell but hang fire and you will be glad you did. I certainly was.

• Like 2

Agedhorse has offered an explanation on TB but it doesn't cover the bass heads as they operate in either UK or US voltage and are continuing to offer the bass amps in US. 

From what i can gather from his explanations its mainly guitar amps that have trouble with parts for supply voltages as they are designed for specific voltages depending on country they are sent.

Subway bass amps work in either. All i can take from it is that they dont want to ship one or two items at a time outside the US because of costs. 

Have to say that we pay substantially more for Mesa gear and think we should be treated just as fairly.

My main concern now is that will the TT800 price drastically increase in 8 mths. If i've already placed my order is Andertons and Mesa legally bound to uphold that price when the delay is theirs for whatever reason.

Dave.

I would expect Andertons to honour the price they you have paid. I would certainly be inclined to sit tight and wait. If you take the refund and re-order then there is a chance that the price could rise and you'll be worse off. There's no legal qualification behind that but I would suggest that you have established a contract and you have fulfilled your part of it and are now waiting for Andertons to do their bit.

• Like 1

I'm hoping so Steve.

Sometimes a voice of reason like yours has a calming effect 😀

I'll probably just wait as i've looked at so many other amps in past year before ordering the TT800 i just couldn't see anything else with the same tone and build quality.

Dave

• Thanks 1