Why become a member? ×

Musician names/alter egos

39 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Where I come from, if a woman marries Mr X, she'll be Mrs X to friends, family and teachers of her children's school, but always keep her name in her official documents, alongside something along the lines of 'married to X'. My mum never had to legally change her surname for any reason.

The Spanish are even better. If I understand correctly, each spouse keeps their surname and they give both surnames to their kids. 👍

@Jus Lukin : It's the same in Belgium, you keep your full name when married. So I am Mr Hellzero and my wife is still Mrs Lololita for all legal uses and any other, but we are (or should be called) Mr AND Mrs Hellzero-Lololita when we are both mentioned, even if the maiden name is not always said.

And she can't be called Miss anymore as it has become illegal over here in Belgium for sectarianism reasons. So every girl (sorry but I hate the term female) is now a Mrs, being married or not, young or old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dood said:

One of my customers back in my IT days, was called Shirley Knott.

Back in the mid90s I was sent on a Photoshop course - the instructor was called Shirley Knott. I probably still have the certificate she signed somewhere

3 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

That's one the reasons I'd considered it. I have anxiety disorders including social anxiety, so having a 'character' helps with that a bit.

Lord Sausage was more an alter ego than a stage name. It's like my ego was to big for one man 😄.

He's retired now. It's sounds stupid but when I was that character it wasn't me, I just turned it on. He was like a perverted, punk, Captain Hook!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

But half the fun is finding all the workarounds, Mr. Sausage!

(It really is a piece of f**cking pìss once you've worked out all the ways to be a cheeky little wanker about it!)

wombler was the word it changed!

See it's done it again.

wombler

Edited by Lord Sausage

1 minute ago, Jus Lukin said:

Far be it from me, an upstanding Basschat citizen, from disseminating directly dissenting information- but there's nothing I can do to stop you zooming in on any particular text to spot the anomalies...

That said, I think most of us have now developed swear filter as a second language, and automatically translate as we read.

For example, now you've been censored I can confidently offer you comedy stage name exhibit A: Obi wombler Nobi.

Works, doesn't it?!

It could also be my jazz fusion name

2 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Far be it from me, an upstanding Basschat citizen, from disseminating directly dissenting information- but there's nothing I can do to stop you zooming in on any particular text to spot the anomalies...

That said, I think most of us have now developed swear filter as a second language, and automatically translate as we read.

For example, now you've been censored I can confidently offer you comedy stage name exhibit A: Obi wombler Nobi.

Works, doesn't it?!

See what you mean about zooming in

8 minutes ago, BoomTing said:

Taken -- We are Master Bates & the wankers

The thing I deleted due to the filter was this.

A band I was in occasionally did gigs under the name of 'Colin and the W@nkers'

We'd start gigs by playing a chord then the singer would say" good evening, we are Colin and the w@nkers! Unfortunately Colin couldn't make it this evening..."

Then straight into the first tune