Why become a member? ×

electronics/pickup expert

Belka

Hi all, 

just writing to ask for advice. I have a new set of pickups that I want installed in my bass, and am in need of recommendations of an electronics expert who could do the work as I think it's relatively complex as far as pickup swaps go. At present I have a set of non-splittable humbuckers in there (Aguilar DCBs). They're wired to an active preamp with the normal three band eq, volume and passive tone and blend knobs, and two switches, a kill switch and a passive.active switch.

The new pickups are splittable dual coils, and I want to install a three way switch to go between the outer coils in single coil mode, parallel humbucking mode, and the inner coils in single coil mode (I know this is possible as I have it in another of my basses). To avoid any drilling I'd probably replace the kill switch with the three way one.

I'm located in Bristol and would much rather drive somewhere than ship the bass. Will be happy to hear any recommendations/suggestions.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, KiOgon said:

Bloody Cambridge ???????

Most humble apologies, O Great master..! Senior Moment of Madness; it won't happen again. :$

(although it's just as far from Bristol..! At least I got the country right..! :lol: )

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 1