Why become a member? ×

Led Zeppelin tracks

TimR

Already mentioned above but my favs are Achilles Last Stand, 10 Years Gone and The Song Remains The Same.  I don't think that any of these really count as obscure or forgotten though.

• Like 1

There are some good inclusions on the remastered releases from 2014.

There’s a version of Since I’ve Been Loving You on the companion disc of Zeppelin III that, whilst being titled as a rough mix, is just (one) guitar, (guide?) vocal, keys and drums that is well worth a listen…

5 hours ago, Delberthot said:

Most of my favourties have already been mentioned but one not mentioned so far is the Wanton Song. The first time i heard it was when I found this video on Youtube years ago. Plus it has Charlie Jones playing his clear acrylic Precision

…and the fantastic Michael Lee on drums, Gawd bless ‘im.

• Like 1

Tonnes of fav's.......

drums on 'fool in the rain' - saying that, you could say that about every Zep song to be fair, but I love the groove.

BBC Sessions is great and I spent a lot of my youth trying to play like JPJ with that album on repeat!

Ramble On is a fav, as is Custard pie, The Wanton Song, Thank You, The Rover,  Heartbreaker.....I could go on..........

This thread is great as it's made me re visit lots of music I haven't listened to in ages so thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's also reminded me of a tale - an old sound engineer pal of mine who used to be Roy Harper's FOH engineer (along with Fairport Convention and the Strawbs I believe).

He told me a tale some time ago of a night at Telford's Warehouse in Chester where Roy Harper was playing.

Tony was on FOH and felt this tap on his shoulder  a few times, but turned around and couldn't see anyone....happened again and he looked down to see a crouching Sir Robert of Plant.....who proceeds to say "shhhh Tony, I'm incognito........"

Tony replies with "but Robert, you're 6'3" with a mane of blonde hair and are the lead singer of Led Zeppelin"

Edited by bassintheface
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Delberthot said:

... the Wanton Song. The first time i heard it was when I found this video on Youtube years ago. Plus it has Charlie Jones playing his clear acrylic Precision...

Nice Clip.. 'Tight'... and compred to Michael Lee really goes to show how 'behind or at the back of the beat' John Bonham's feel was... really giving a driving along push feel.

Might have to dig out TSRTS Dvd... used to go to the Scala Cinema in Kings Cross to the Allnighters to see this, Heavy Metal, A Strange case of Alice Cooper films.

I'll admit to leaving them to it after an already too long set at some big festival or other, early '70s. Interminable slathering and pounding; enough, already. I was definitely disillusioned on sitting through 'The Song Remains The Same' at its cinema release. Rather an exposé of their attitude, I thought, and I left at the end feeling rather cheated by the whole 'machine'. I was never an unconditional of the drumming, to be fair (I'm a drummer; I prefer other 'touches' (Joe Morello, anyone..?), whilst giving the bloke some credit...). I'm out. :|

4 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I'll admit to leaving them to it after an already too long set at some big festival or other, early '70s. Interminable slathering and pounding; enough, already. I was definitely disillusioned on sitting through 'The Song Remains The Same' at its cinema release. Rather an exposé of their attitude, I thought, and I left at the end feeling rather cheated by the whole 'machine'. I was never an unconditional of the drumming, to be fair (I'm a drummer; I prefer other 'touches' (Joe Morello, anyone..?), whilst giving the bloke some credit...). I'm out. :|

Thanks for sharing!