Why become a member? ×

Eurovision Bass

toneknob

I thought the whole point of brexit was to leave eurovision. 

The people voted leave. Out means out. It's the will of the people. No deal is better than a euro pop deal etc etc.

Let's be honest, Britain could dig up Lennon and Harrison, bring them back to life and they could write the best ever Beatles song and Britain would still come last.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, toneknob said:

Thanks for your insight. Any idea about that Ukrainian guy's bass though?

I tried watching Jethro Tull meets Pricilla Queen of the Desert blended with Frozen on acid to identify said bass but it was too traumatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

There was a Australian company making guitars with 3-D printed bodies with a similar cut-out style, but I can't find their web page any more.

I did a bit of a Google around "silent bass" and "invisible bass" but didn't find anything relevant.

I'm going to go with consensus of "it's not a bass" and put it down to excess pizza, Nero d'Avola and Moretti.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigRedX said:

There was a Australian company making guitars with 3-D printed bodies with a similar cut-out style, but I can't find their web page any more.

Edit: They are actually in NZ and their website is here

Swedish. No idea why the .nz internet address 

Edited by Downunderwonder

Here's the regular music video:

The guy plays an Ibanez RG guitar here, and it can actually be heard in this version too :lol:. They toned it down a bit for Eurovision, I guess to make it less industrial and metal and more appealing to a broader audience. 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

The guy plays an Ibanez RG guitar here, and it can actually be heard in this version too :lol:. They toned it down a bit for Eurovision, I guess to make it less industrial and metal and more appealing to a broader audience. 

When I heard that on the night I was genuinely in the WTF camp and amazed it got so much of the public vote but, the more I hear it, the more I like it. There's a lot going on there, it's really quite far removed from the Europop camp.

Actually, here's the pre-Eurovision version which is another step removed. Those of us who remember Altern8 and early Prodigy might shed a wee tear at this one 😀

• Like 2

Is that a shot of Chernobyl in the background?

5 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Might have won if they'd stuck to that mix?

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Might have won if they'd stuck to that mix?

This track has been growing on me all day. I think the only main difference between the Eurovision "live" and the Official Music Video version is that the lead vocals are much louder. This is what usually happens with the Eurovision performances. It is a "song" competition after all.