Why become a member? ×

Gojira FX Meatboy Fuzz

skej21

Recently bought these three fuzz variants (light, dark and the bass-voiced sub-dark) from Gojira FX and as fuzz seems to quite popular but Gojira are quite small, thought it might be nice to share my findings with you all in case you are looking for a new fuzz but want something a little different!

First up, nice and simple control (one knob!), the fuzz tone is awesome and also Gojira are more than happy to collaborate on the design and do something custom for you. At £75-85, they were a steal.

First part of the video is some incremental settings of each pedal from low to max, and the latter half is each variant on the same setting side-by-side. Must admit, I was really shocked at the grit of the ‘light’ variant (as I was expecting it to be the one I liked least!).

Hope you enjoy and/or find this useful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing this, I have been admiring their stuff without a real reason to buy them but I am now in the market for a fuzz as both my current fuzzes are on the verge of dying. They all sound good, with the dark being my least favourite. How are they with low end response? I'm guessing the sub dark is best suited here? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bassmidget209 said:

Thanks for doing this, I have been admiring their stuff without a real reason to buy them but I am now in the market for a fuzz as both my current fuzzes are on the verge of dying. They all sound good, with the dark being my least favourite. How are they with low end response? I'm guessing the sub dark is best suited here? 

Yeah the sub-dark low end response is really nice. I was really surprised by how nicely the light variant adds grit and when used with already low end heavy pedals (like a classic OC-2 sound), it plays really nicely. Glad I picked up all three now to be honest!