Why become a member? ×

Artists that have made you want to give up music

There have been a few over the years that made me realise I was never going to be as good as they were. Nowadays, any pro bass player will be better than me, simply because that's their job and for me it's only a hobby.

I'll get disheartened occasionally, and think oh crap! What's the point if I'm never going to be as good or inventive as "so and so". Then I pick up a bass, it feels right in my hands and I realise that I enjoy playing and can make a decent enough fist of it to play along with others, either on record or live, and I'm happy again 😊

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Strawbs664 said:

Then I pick up a bass, it feels right in my hands and I realise that I enjoy playing and can make a decent enough fist of it to play along with others, either on record or live, and I'm happy again 

Yes! Totally. 

23 minutes ago, upside downer said:

. It also makes me feel like giving up watching Youtube, too. 

Yes! Totally. 

I find great players and artists a spur, not a discouragement. There's always someone better than us. There's always someone worse, too. I'm grateful for whatever ability I have and try to make the best of it and enjoy it.