Why become a member? ×

Norton blocks Guitarchat

adamg67

Question

Thought I might as well post this here, Norton thinks Guitarchat is dangerous, doesn't give more details. Maybe someone at Norton is a bass player? No issues with Basschat. Could just be a false positive, but I know that sites and servers do sometimes get hacked.

1858890366_Screenshot2021-05-21163747.jpg.2650a4a005c51915125392514014028a.jpg

10 answers to this question

It looks as though Norton Safe Web has erroneously blacklisted the guitar chat site. Some discussion and explanation here:

https://www.redkitecreative.com/security/norton-safe-web-blacklisting/

It seems that Norton has been doing this and getting it wrong for some time now, and their process for getting sites un-blocked doesn't seem to be very efficient.

Yet more evidence to support my contention that Norton is a worthless heap of junk. I certainly wouldn't pay money for it when there are many better free alternatives.

• Like 2

On 25/05/2021 at 04:21, pete.young said:

Yet more evidence to support my contention that Norton is a worthless heap of junk. I certainly wouldn't pay money for it when there are many better free alternatives.

I wish Symantec was easier to uninstall than it is.  In some cases, you need to download a special tool from an independent supplier to free the PC from the clutches of it's code.  A bit like a virus. 

Kaspersky is leagues better.

Fall I know from an ‘expert’ friend is the software is buried in different areas of the computer and although you may think you’ve erased it, the prog still sits in various ‘places’ onboard...

9 hours ago, ped said:

Software issue I think - let us know if it changes

Hi @ped

Thanks for all your input (and any others involved in the process) in keeping the Basschat site up to date :)

Ref Guitarchat - no, Norton still blocks the site.

Andy

Edited by Andyjr1515