Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot, the right combination

uk_lefty

I've used my Trace Elliot heads with a variety of cabs - TE (obviously), Mesa, Schroeder, Vanderkley and Glockenklang amongst others. I can't remember being disappointed with any of them.

If there is a Mathematical equation it'll probably be:

TE+ anything = perfection

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

There's a 250 GP12 combo on eBay for 99p currently - advertised as not working due to condition but seller says it's working fine. Wallingford in Oxfordshire

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114831241788?hash=item1abc79b23c:g:gAAAAOSw2YNgs4s4

you've got to admire the guy for attempting postage even at £50 😂

5 hours ago, TheGreek said:

There's a 250 GP12 combo on eBay for 99p currently - advertised as not working due to condition but seller says it's working fine. Wallingford in Oxfordshire

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114831241788?hash=item1abc79b23c:g:gAAAAOSw2YNgs4s4

Thanks Mick. I'm treading carefully. I've bought a TE IR for my Helix Stomp to see if that goes some way towards scratching the itch. I've also had my fingers burned a few times recently with buying second hand tat off ebay that costs me an arm, a leg and Jo end of stress to get working... Only to be disappointed with the result. Still might get one though... 

On 22/05/2021 at 15:46, uk_lefty said:

Mick, as a Trace connoisseur do you think you can get the sound from a head paired with a lightweight cab? 

On 22/05/2021 at 15:50, TheGreek said:

Absolutely - I had an amazing sound from my AH150 through a Vanderkley 112 EXT - shouldn't have sold the cab - I blame that eternal search for the "perfect tone".

If you want to borrow a head, you know where I am.

Use my ah500x through various combinations of Laney N210 /115/410 neo light weight cabs. A great sound especially the 6x10 !

Also thru an Epifani UL212.

Absurdly Loud with the Trace sounds lovely (sounding good even at low volume luckily).  Cab weighs about 56lb so about the same as the Trace.

Still compact enough for a Minicab or ordinary car. Sadly also faithfully represents the limitations of my Bass Playing. 🤣🥴🥴🥴🥴👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Thanks Mick. I'm treading carefully. I've bought a TE IR for my Helix Stomp to see if that goes some way towards scratching the itch. I've also had my fingers burned a few times recently with buying second hand tat off ebay that costs me an arm, a leg and Jo end of stress to get working... Only to be disappointed with the result. Still might get one though... 

@uk_lefty

Mr Greek's offer echoed as my gear is largely out and about in N.London, when it's not at home - if you wanted a go. Easiest would be the Trace plus Epifani (somewhere it has a bit of room around it ideally).

• Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 22:42, PaulThePlug said:

Going through the Amp / Cab sims of the Zoom B1 Four, It's the TE AH400SMX / TE 1048 that really sticks out!

(Wish the Zoom B1 Four had the Marshall Super Bass / 4x12 Sims from the B1 On...)

I'll be checking if that's on my B3n to save some fiddle faddling around time.

Can be too much messing around time. As often as not I just play thru an old line 6 M5.

Got a B1on... Which has the Marshall SB sim i was after... but doesn't have the TE sim of the later B1Four which sounded good. But Zooms are great bit of cheap usable kit.

Remember when you started seeing TE kit on stage more... that unearthly green glow in the dark almost served as a warning before the band even came on stage!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Haha 1