Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop 1966 Jazz Bass Master Built (firemist gold, dots and binding, lollipop tuners) €2.850
£2600
Netherlands

Fender CS masterbuilt jazz bass

Very nice Mark Kendrick masterbuilt 66 jazz with very cool features; firemist gold finish, lollipop tuners and the distinct dotted and bound fretboard. 

The bass has the clear and warm sound that you wish from a 60s style jazz bass. 

First some pictures:

3ptqoiq.jpg

nUwYV7z.jpg

XpKRDuh.jpg

mv0b4ih.jpg

uG6Ukbj.jpg

J8aUDf7.jpg

25qRkoW.jpg

VcS9PKy.jpg

NoMncuB.jpg

BlvoIRb.jpg

4exzby4.jpg

Iv3h1PZ.jpg

aXouT7h.jpg

XCSZzN2.jpg

BFoFIf7.jpg

gLPDLO5.jpg

HGocWay.jpg

O5MEaau.jpg

oNYFtr2.jpg

lNkCdUj.jpg

iqIYRm6.jpg

As you can see, the bass has been used a lot, which has created a roadworn look through the years. It has a lot of cosmetical damages like dents and missing finish, bucklerash.. Technically the bass is good, all hardware and electronics function like they should. The frets show wear, but it doesnt affect playability. 

The original G&G hardcase is included, as well is a bag of unopened case candy. The certificate apparently got lost during the divorce of the former owner, so I don't have it. 

New Fender nps strings are fitted. 

I bought this beauty a month ago as roundwounded buddy for my 71 (which bears thomastik flats). After playing them both a lot, I decided that I like the thomastik flats better on a jazz currently than a set of rounds. So both ended up with a set of Thomastiks, which makes it too much luxury for me to keep them both. I'm pretty sure I'll l regret it at some point.. 

Fixed price €2.850 (please note that I am not interested in lower offers of any kind). 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship at buyers risk and expense. 

Payment: cash on collection or banktransfer. No PayPal. 

(partial) trades are welcome. 

Stuff you can think of; precision (fender, better Squier, good Japanese copy), music man Sabre (rosewood or ebony fretboard preferred), vintage single coil telecaster bass, stingray 2eq with lacquered neck, good old japanese stuff, vintage Fender offset guitars, maybe a nice amp... 

In case if a very nice and light 60s fender p is being offered, I might want to add some gear to the deal. 

No 5+ strings for me, thanks. Realistic offers only please. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 3

(partial) trades are welcome. 

Stuff you can think of; precision (fender, better Squier, good Japanese copy), music man Sabre (rosewood or ebony fretboard preferred), vintage single coil telecaster bass, stingray 2eq with lacquered neck, good old japanese stuff, vintage Fender offset guitars, maybe a nice amp... 

In case if a very nice and light 60s fender p is being offered, I might want to add some gear to the deal. 

No 5+ strings for me, thanks. Realistic offers only please. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees

• MB1 locked this topic