Why become a member? ×

Your rig setup for 8,000 seat arena

Lo Ki

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

The same as I used for 6000-seater arena 😄

Exactly. I'd use (and have used) my regular gear for personal monitoring in large venues and the foldback/IEMs can take care of it for everyone else. 

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

The 'same as it ever was' rig. The sound engineer will fit it to the FOH rig. Been there, done that; no problems. B|

T38ziLD.jpg

Oops, sorry; wrong photo ...

I'd have loved to have heard that, never mind playing through it - you probably know that Phil Lesh's bass had individual pickups for each string, and each went through a dedicated amplifier and stack of cabs in the wall of sound. Fabulous - insanely expensive  but simply fabulous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

... and no foldback. The monitoring was from the FOH itself... B|

Yep, with feedback cancelling microphone pairs.

That's what happens when you ask Owsley to design the ultimate sound system, money no object!

Edited by FinnDave
  • Haha 1

I played headline slot at a small festival in 2019 and due to a breakdown en route (car, not psychological) had to play through a small combo. It worked fine, as would have my DI box.

I have since downsized to a single 1x12 and a couple of different amp heads, much less to store, insure & carry about. The smaller option is enough for pub gigs, etc., and anything larger than that goes through the PA, making the backline irrelevant.

• Like 1