Why become a member? ×

Pangborn

swanbrook

A friend of mine has this at home, it’s his dads old bass. He would really love to know what model it is, if anyone knows. 
the guy he bought it from in the 80’s said it was the bass used with Bucksfizz .... no idea how true that is lol

Stunning to play and has the lowest action I’ve ever come across  

cheers for any help 😍

E675C705-A28B-47F9-92A4-0FA94AA8365D.jpeg

C1F94EA0-21FD-4E10-B099-19E83A6504CF.jpeg

8C921CCC-15CB-4930-BC1B-127480AA9890.jpeg

708E10E5-F2C8-4FD3-BC4E-C164B2D58ACF.jpeg

• Like 2

On 19/05/2021 at 21:36, Chris2112 said:

I believe it would be a Chieftain model though I'm not certain. There are other Chieftain models with that same body shape albeit different pickup placements. 

I would think that one predates the Chieftain bass.  The Chieftain basses weren't built by Pangborn either, more assembled by, with the woodworking done elsewhere, if memory serves correctly.  That is probably late 70's.  I have a fretless one of a similar vintage that has the same headstock shape.  The PUs in mine were originally reverse P's too, but got swapped out for wider soapbars at some point.  Mine has a Baddass bridge and the same kind of switch and truss rod cover.  The guy who played bass for Buck's Fizz did have at least one Pangborn, it was a Warlord though.  Maybe he had this one too.

Edited by GeeCee