Why become a member? ×

Gluing amp knobs?

MacDaddy

Following a couple of years gigging, often twice a week, I've finally decided to do something about my roadworn combo.

I've ordered a couple of knobs to replace the missing ones, but I'm wondering, as they all easily pull off, would adding a dab of super glue to them all be a good idea?

The combo is out of warranty.

IMG_20210516_184454.jpg

Personally I would have gone with Telecaster type knobs, ie held on with grub screws, but ....

No, no way, never superglue. Once upon a time I inherited a shower unit where the knobs must have come loose in the past. The owner 'solved' the problem with superglue. Had to destroy the knobs to service it, so if you're not that bothered ...

PTFE tape might work, I've used a bit of paper in the past, you just need to increase the grip a bit.

1 hour ago, John Cribbin said:

No, no way, never superglue. Once upon a time I inherited a shower unit where the knobs must have come loose in the past. The owner 'solved' the problem with superglue. Had to destroy the knobs to service it, so if you're not that bothered

This. If you ever need to replace a pot, you're stymied if you can't get your knob off (oooer).

• Haha 1