Why become a member? ×

NBD - Elrick NJS5

Sibob

I'm having a bit of a cull of my basses at the moment due to moving flat (and accepting that I don't 'NEEED' all I have), and within that I decided to set about essentially 'swapping' my Elrick Standard Evolution 5 for one of their NJS5 basses. The former was a wonderful bass, but I do definitely gravitate towards more 'trad' aesthetics. As such, my Evol 5 sold on here, and around the same time, the following arrived.
It's a wonderfully stealthy looking NJS5 (New Jazz Standard 5). All Bartolini electronics (of course). Weighs in at about 9.2lbs, so a little heavier than my previous Elrick, but still fantastic for a 35" active Jazz 5:

IMG_5645.thumb.jpg.0bb9de31fa746615d0b5e5af3cc6b98d.jpg

IMG_5644.thumb.JPG.ed43e5168c2f7663097f875c06c16c9b.JPG

Lovely :D
If you're after a 'super jazz', then these really should be on your radar!!

Si

• Like 3

Congrats on the new bass!!

Looks great and I bet it sounds and plays great too. Even more so if this is a step up from your previous Elrick Evo5 which you're going to no disagreement from me when you say it "was a wonderful bass"! 😊

Must admit I'd not really come across the Elrick brand before your previous Evo5 ad, but Rob Elrick's workmanship is definitely worth folk checking out if they get a chance. The quality and sound is right up there with the very best.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Congrats on the new bass!!

Looks great and I bet it sounds and plays great too. Even more so if this is a step up from your previous Elrick Evo5 which you're going to no disagreement from me when you say it "was a wonderful bass"! 😊

Must admit I'd not really come across the Elrick brand before your previous Evo5 ad, but Rob Elrick's workmanship is definitely worth folk checking out if they get a chance. The quality and sound is right up there with the very best.

I wouldn't say it's a 'step up' as such, more of a side step (purely due to aesthetics), very similar necks, tones, weight etc :)

Si

• Like 1