Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez SRC6 Crossover Bass VI
£450
Skipton

adamg67

Now Sold

Ibanez SRC6 Crossover Bass VI

This is Ibanez's take on the Bass VI, and they made a really good job of it, I know there are a few fans of these out there. Now discontinued, and there aren't loads of them about (I wouldn't go as far as calling it "Rare" like one seller on ebay, who is also currently asking £750 for one!)

30" scale and normally tuned E-E. 10.8mm spacing at the bridge.

Rosewood fingerboard, mahogony body, abalone oval fret markers, Cosmo black hardware, and this one has matching Schaller straplock buttons plus the original ones. Nice and light, 

EMG 35HZ pickups plus active 3 band EQ, works really well for any style. Yes, it is good for metal but it has a really good clean tone as well and sounds good with anything in between. You really can make it sound like a proper bass, and like a guitar, or both at the same time if you have the skill.

More info on the Ibanez wiki: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/SRC6

Quite a few reviews on YouTube, and there's a quick demo I did on soundcloud of how it sounds in a rocky baritone role: https://soundcloud.com/adamgx/src6-demo

One small groove in the front and the finish is wearing above the pickups, the Ibanez "walnut flat" finish is bad for that, it's the same on the SR basses that use the same finish. I've made sure to show those minor things in one of the pics.

It currently has the original Ibanez strings on it, they want changing for something better IMO. I have a brand new set of LaBella 767-6N Nickel Plated that I was planning to put on it and can sell with it.

£450

I don't have a case or gig bag for it, so I'm selling it collection only from BD20 / Skipton area, I'm usually able to drive a bit to meet up though. I also have a couple of trips to London coming up in the next few weeks, I can go down M6 or M1 way from here so there's a chance of a drop off / meet up between Yorkshire and London.

Sorry the pics aren't amazing, I tried extra hard with them and they came out worse than usual, typical.

Writing this has made me realise how much I really like this little thing, please don't buy it so I can keep it...

SRC6-1.thumb.JPG.a8f2ea0d3e59a67315c199aec2a75489.JPG

SRC6-4.thumb.JPG.b01db5ab045ee47eaf5e2c129892f8f4.JPG

SRC6-2.thumb.JPG.67117728822f362f9bfdeecad5253e2b.JPG

SRC6-3.thumb.JPG.ef57e6d0a44b89a911ab884a74813e0b.JPG

SRC6-5.thumb.JPG.16041c44aa77406cc95471cd856ccc8b.JPG

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 5

On 21/05/2021 at 15:05, Beresford said:

Hi, Adam;- I'm interested in your Ibanez SRC6, if still available.

Unfortunately I'm in Southampton & don't drive!

regards

Berry

regards

Berry

regards

Berry

Hello again, Adam.

Perhaps we could arrange meet in London when you visit, so that I try the Ibanez.

Although I havn't had the chance to play one of these, I've done a lot of research on it, and am convinced it would really suit my needs as an ex-guitarist as well as bassist.

Aternatively, would you perhaps consider packaging it for delivery?

regards

Berry

On 22/05/2021 at 21:15, adamg67 said:

Hi Berry, I'll drop you a private message about the SRC6.

Hello again Adam; -I'm not sure how to get into private messaging;- how about Clapham Junction/Common to meet?

As I said, I'm basing this on railway stations & would need to know what time would suit you;-either date would suit me, though I think there are more trains on a Saturday.

regards

Berry

The previous messages you sent me in reply to mine were private messages, I'm guessing basschat emailed you and you got in that way? You should also be able to get to it via the envelop Icon in the top right hand corner of any Basschat page (if you're on a computer), circled in red on this screen shot: 

1505590637_Screenshot2021-05-24155058.jpg.5f36d942d0a8b706dd87a39875178cd4.jpg

Edited by adamg67

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I've got one of these, most fun you can have without a pipe stuffed with crack.

Indeed, you bought it from me in fact, I had two at one point strung as Bass VI and Baritone (now I have an Ibby Baritone which is also nice).

3 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Indeed, you bought it from me in fact, I had two at one point strung as Bass VI and Baritone (now I have an Ibby Baritone which is also nice).

Of course, although the one I have now isn't the one I got from you, I regretted selling it the minute I sold it!

Just now, Frank Blank said:

Of course, although the one I have now isn't the one I got from you, I regretted selling it the minute I sold it!

Ah, I see :) Yes, done that myself with a few things over the years. It may well happen with this SRC6 in fact! But my collection of stringed things has grown too big and the currently least used guitar has to go to pay for the others.