Why become a member? ×

BC adverts that still haunt you

Munurmunuh

24 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I was slow to decide on going a for an Ampeg PF50t

They seem to be in really short supply, I was looking for ages , and I’m on a few shops waiting list, I also had a wanted ad out, and no replies, I ended up buying the RM500 

On 04/07/2021 at 11:42, Booga13 said:

There's been quite a few that I regret not jumping on but the two that haunt me (I still have thd links saved) were both Shukers, the Rockinfreakapotamus Flea stye in battleship grey and the tasty orange Jaffa or Tigger jazz with reverse headstock, I'd be willing to cull a lot of the current herd to fund either of those two!

She’s mine, all mine.....

I did some training with Jon Shuker and my surname is Orange. It seemed like fate to me.....

F53E8472-6FF5-459A-AAB3-F8905B54787F.jpeg

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 4

Here's one with a happy ending:

Not on Basschat, but I once responded to this ad on Leftybass.com by our own @whynot (no, I didn't actually save that screenshot that long. I just looked it up again :lol:).

04-2006.jpg.a5c4eb978494be8bb413f65aa4a7b202.jpg

I was slightly too late, it was already shipped to the USA! It always stuck with me though, I loved the plain look and the sharp contrast between the bright white body, the ultra black phenolic fingerboard, and the white epoxy Roman numeral inlays. I had never laid hands on a Status or any other graphite necked bass before, let alone heard one, but I had decided right there and then that I wanted one. 

Fast forward 11 years (!), this happened:

05-2017.thumb.jpg.313aaea592272aacc87194e6aaddf973.jpg

The seller lived in the USA as a student when he bought it, but had moved back to Israel in the meantime. Again, someone was ahead of me, but still negotiating. Within a few days, I got a message the other potential buyer was no longer interested and we sealed the deal, and I couldn't be happier! It did turn out a fair bit more expensive because of import duties and VAT, but it was worth it. I still love that bass, and play it regularly. It looks even more fantastic in the flesh :)

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 2

This one haunts me. I didn't have the money for it in 2010. It was listed again in 2015 around the time I got married. I had the cash, but was keeping hold of it just incase I needed it for unforeseen wedding/honeymoon expenses. I'd resolved to buy it if it was still available after I got back from my honeymoon. Alas, it wasn't to be, but I picked up a Jamerson style Mike Lull P5 from the Gallery instead which is a great bass that I still own

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/82303-alleva-coppolo-kbp5-traded-traded/

LM5KBP5095.jpg&key=bfbaaa225ab9f6a8296e095fdec2d62fd9644b750a70a22e368f7db97f1bff86

Edited by LLOYDWT
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

I never knowingly passed over an advert for a Peavey B-Quad but it makes me feel ill to know a few have sold here without me knowing. 

If you have one, I'm always looking to buy. I'll drive anywhere in mainland UK for it too. 

image.png.b3dd725f5b40a182d35952a67e6f13ef.png

Out of interest what’s so great about them?

13 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Out of interest what’s so great about them?

They're rare. Modulus neck, piezo pickups etc. A bit of a risk these days as a few have suffered total electrical failures which seems to junk the proprietary setup, but a risk I'd take. I mainly just like them because Brian Bromberg is a total badass player. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/05/2021 at 18:52, Ricky Rioli said:

Firstly I didn't need a p bass in my life, secondly a 1¾" nut would probably be far too much for me....

....but I can't forget this Cort sold earlier this year.

IMG_20210222_153739453.jpg

I found a cure for daydreaming about a bass with a 44.5mm nut – own one with a 42mm nut. Strewth.