Why become a member? ×

BC adverts that still haunt you

Munurmunuh

EDIT: to play this game best, a link to the original advert would be lovely 😊

Firstly I didn't need a p bass in my life, secondly a 1¾" nut would probably be far too much for me....

....but I can't forget this Cort sold earlier this year.

IMG_20210222_153739453.jpg

I love the combination of pale colour, white pg and maple neck, and I love the Di Marzio sound, and I definitely like the idea of a 7 lb bass. 

And it went for £155!!! Gah.

Edited by Ricky Rioli
  • Like 2

I don't have pics but going back over 12yrs there are only two that I wish I'd bought and both owned by (minor) names. One was a vintage Fender Precision in red that boasted the claim of being ex-Musical Youth and the other was a 1976 Bicentenery Gibson Thunderbird (ex-Quireboys) that was only around £650 at the time. Obviously now it would be nearer £3k. Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

don't start me on basses I should have bought

14 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

in my neighbourhood 

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Oh God, this is a thread that is going to run and run. 

I did hope to restrict it to just BassChat adverts 🤔

6 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Don't want to rub it in, but it's a cracking bass. Luckily I have an even better P for sale currently. 😉

Fortunately heavy enough to inhibit my foolishness 😅 For some reason the CV 60s P on sale atm is gnawing at me. Again, the neck would be much too broad for my comfort. But perhaps that's part of the strange attraction.... 🙃

There was I think Wes Steed ( @wesfinn)  built a beautiful Herbie Flowers jazz bass replica, that I think @molan owned for a while. It was up for sale here twice I think, and then also at Bass Gear. At all times I hadn't the money :( 

Who knows where it ended up 

https://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Custom-Herbie-Flowers-Jazz-Replica-2011-Relicd-Blue-38375  

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, sammybee said:

Not a BC ad, but Norman Watt Roy's 1960 Fender Jazz for 6k at Andy Baxter's a few years back. I had the (spare) cash at the time,  thought about it too long & it was gone. Think it would have been a cracking investment

I live just round the corner from where Andy Baxter was and I remember that bass, whoever bought it, Andy was going to get Norman to hand it to them 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I live just round the corner from where Andy Baxter was and I remember that bass, whoever bought it, Andy was going to get Norman to hand it to them 

Yep. I had a couple of chats with Andy about it. It took him a few weeks to shift it, I guess it was a lot of cash back then for a bass. Kick myself at least once a week for not grabbing it at the time & getting the OG to show me how to play Rhythm Stick properly :)

• Like 1