Why become a member? ×

Any 3 band preamp/overdrive pedals out there (freely selectable crossover points and clean blend)?

Baloney Balderdash

Me utilizing a low gain overdrive, blended with clean signal via one of my Boss LS-2 pedals, as much as to introduce some low gain tube like grid as as an harmonic enhancer, and a TC Electronic SpectraComp, 3 band compressor, as much as a regular compressor as as a tone shaper/enhancer, got me thinking if there are any 3 band preamp/overdrive pedals, with freely selectable frequency crossover points for the 3 bands, that goes all the way from clean to lower medium overdrive for each of the 3 bands, and got a separate unaffected clean signal volume control as well, out there, preferably all analog, and preferably with a character similar to the Tech 21 Oxford/Joyo Orange Juice/Orange amp -esque?

Probably a long shot since there would likely be a quite limited market for a pedal with such functionality, probably being too unusual and specific for it to be viable for anyone to make, unless they do custom orders.

But if that's the case any idea who might take on such a task, preferably located somewhere in Europe, and what kind of money approximately we could possibly be talking about? 

Closest I can think of for 3 band overdrive / volume is https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/pedals-1/products/triple-shot-drive-pedal

The Triple Shot, Gain and volume for the 3 bands, no clean blend as such but I guess decreasing the gain and increasing the volume on a particular frequency will be clean as such.

• Like 1

The Empress Heavy is the closest to your needs... but not exactly.

Check this video at 3:42 :

Maybe it can give you some ideas, otherwise there are a few twin channel freely assignable outputs preamps on the market, like the MarkBass Stereo Ground Pre (not made anymore), the BassLab StepAbout (still available, but expensive) and the FishTrick Trilobite (quite recent and "twin" Mike Pope FlexCore preamps). I had the three of them and the most transparent is the BassLab StepAbout (twin Richter BassXX preamps) that I still have.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...