Why become a member? ×

Thinking of touring or working in Europe?

ambient

Very interesting read, that. For years, two thirds of my income came from playing in Europe and DJ-ing there. 

I moved to a European country last year to try and keep my earnings flowing. It’s too early to know if it will all work out, but I hope it does, not just for me obviously but for all UK musicians sakes.

Hope things can get smoothed out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meterman said:

Very interesting read, that. For years, two thirds of my income came from playing in Europe and DJ-ing there. 

I moved to a European country last year to try and keep my earnings flowing. It’s too early to know if it will all work out, but I hope it does, not just for me obviously but for all UK musicians sakes.

Hope things can get smoothed out. 

That had been my plan once I finished my PhD.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I'll scour the article tomorrow when sober. I've been offered a tour in the USA and Japan. A bit of an oddball set up really. The financial side is supposed to be sorted but there's so much to consider it's  near impossible to set a date. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully it will all happen 😁

6 hours ago, ambient said:

That had been my plan once I finished my PhD.

Hope it goes well for you.

Thank you 🙏🏻  I appreciate it. I’m not sure how feasible a post Brexit move will be at the moment, but rules and legislation hopefully could change someday soon.

One piece of legit advice I can give you is, don’t expect to automatically get EU residency as a musician now unless you actually are earning truckloads of money. Like, Coldplay level or something. In France I had to become a ‘micro entrepreneur’ (small business owner) to get my residency accepted. Tons of forms and red tape to go through, but now I’m legally a record label owner and can work in the EU. I’ll see what happens, pandemic permitting. Worst case scenario, I’ll just retire and busk for euro centimes in the village square 😂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...