Why become a member? ×

Refinish recommendations

I got a bit carried away on ebay earlier and won myself a Squier JV Precision (for an admittedly low price), but it requires a refin. It had a Jazz Bass pickup fitted at one point which has been filled but the fill has sunk so requires sorting at the same time. I'm looking to get it refinished in Shell Pink; any recommendations? I've been looking at https://rexterguitars.co.uk/pages/refinishing which look decent, but wanted to open it up to the board to see who gets the thumbs up. Happy to pack it up and send it away to someone who will do a good job of it.

Have you considered asking your local body shop spray painter?

These guys do this work to an amazing standard day in day out to cars, and I'd imagine they'd welcome doing something slightly different from the usual. No harm in asking for a price?

I got my Build Diary BlazerRay bass project sprayed by a car painting mate of mine who has since retired, but he did a superb job of it with a primer coat, three white top coats and completed the finish with a laquer top coat.

IMG_20190120_134219939.thumb.jpg.a13f0694fd47fbc3d0d97dc129774e94.jpg

IMG_20190304_143351172_HDR.thumb.jpg.1d318780333525169fc71561e9cb5f67.jpg

• Like 2

I agree with @BassTool, however expect additional costs if you go for an unusual colour.

I think you'll be OK if you go white/black or grey as they could do these at the same time as a vehicle of the same colour. Metallic purple would need to be a separate job I reckon.

• Like 1