Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Tobias Toby Pro IV Tobacco Sunburst TRADE/FS
£210
Southsea, Portsmouth

Robert Manning

Order #6534

Tobias Toby Pro IV Tobacco Sunburst

serial: U05090251  Unsung (Korea) I believe 2010's

Open minded to any trades, and will consider an offer.

Few very minor finish scratches from clothing, which could be polished - but no dings or dents. Overall in great condition. 

Tone wise, this to my ear sounds like a darker more plummy Jazz, it's not a particularly modern sounding bass, deffo more leaning towards a vintage voice but that my opinion off course. Personally really enjoy the bridge pickup sound for bark'y articulate finger style. Both pickups together work well with a pick for a decant rock tone. 2-band active preamp is quiet with good headroom. My Thumb bass crosses paths tonally so to speak; hence the sale/trade. Only issue IMO is one of the bridge PU screw heads is a bit worn- It does still provide enough traction to unscrew - but I would approach with caution and be gentle, ultimately replace at some point.

I think this bass would love a set of EMG soapbars, other than that its a solid bass with plenty of usable tones. 

let me know if you've got any questions I will get back to you. I am in the middle of moving house at the moment but will try and accommodate anyone who wants to demo the bass. I don't have my main bass rig set up at the moment so just a practise combo - you're welcome to come with your amp and try it out.

Cheers!

BODY BACK.jpg

BODY.jpg

HEADSTOCK.jpg

MACHINE HEADS.jpg

NECK REAR.jpg

OVERVEIW.jpg

PREAMP.jpg

Edited by Robert Manning
Sold the bass. Thank you.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

This bass is very cool. Im literally on the trigger. I wonder if some Nordy fat stacks would fit in this.? What sort of trades are you looking at.?

GOGGOGO!

Someone will

make an appropriate retrofit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

This bass is very cool. Im literally on the trigger. I wonder if some Nordy fat stacks would fit in this.? What sort of trades are you looking at.?

Hey! I can't confirm exactly - but could try and get some measurements for you if it helps...
pretty open with trades - its the only bass in my collection that I haven't bonded with, it just kinda sits around looking pretty. I willing to put cash towards a trade if need be.

I mean its certainly a cool instrument. and had fun playing with it. I do like to experiment with all sorts of basses. because of all the positive comments I took it out and popped some new Roto's on it. almost had second thoughts haha! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic