Why become a member? ×

Silly Tech 21 pricing !! Bargain

Stealth

So you want a rig for Rock / Blues / Metal but of grit to full on buzzsaw.

But you only have £400 so new is out of reach ?

not now it isn’t Rhodes jolly nice and generous Thomson people are doing a Crazy Tech 21desk

VT 500 Head with Tech 21 carry bag

2  1x12 Tech 21 bass cabs 300w 8Ohm

2 nice speakon cables 

Delivered to you UK Door £409

ordered mine this morning !

2 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Even with VAT added that’s a great deal 

Definitely!

I've ordered the head - £159 + vat! Madness. Andertons still showing them at £699.

And I've just seen they've sold out. I do have an order number so I hope I got one.

If the cabs are the B-112s then thats my set up and with the help of a valve pre,compression and reverb, what a great set up it is. Only bought one cab new and the other two parts used and still cost me £700!!!! That deal was crazy!!!

Edited by Paddy515

Had I have seen this earlier I'd have had a pair of the 1x12 cabs, even allowing for VAT that would still have only worked out around £250~ish for them both. Bügger!

I'm guessing it's end of line blowout stock from Tech 21 so there's unlikely to be any more at that price. Unless anyone knows different? 

44 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Thomann. 

Thanks, I didn't get that from the original clues, must have been autocorrect or something. 

Lots of big blowouts going on at the moment, will keep my eye out for more deals coming up.... 

But then Andertons are selling TC RH750 for 349 quid!

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-amps/bass-amp-heads/tc-electronic-rh750-bass-amp-head

I have owned both the VT500 and RH750 and the TC to me is a much better sounding and more flexible amp.
The VT500 D.I. out responds to the master volume on the amp, rendering that D.I. useless.

10 minutes ago, DiMarco said:

That said, I use valve and hybrid valve/class AB amps mostly. They just pack more punch.

Same for me, though to make life easy I used to use my Class D amp for rehearsals.

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Paid my vat / import / handling and it should be delivered on Thursday. That's far faster than I was expecting.

I was thinking about selling my Darkglass head as I almost always use my Mark Bass, but now I can have a 3 way shoot out.

Exciting. Did you pay that to Thomann with the gear purchase or to the carrier?  If that arrives as forecast and the payments were smooth, that opens Thomann up for consideration when purchasing once more. 

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Exciting. Did you pay that to Thomann with the gear purchase or to the carrier?  If that arrives as forecast and the payments were smooth, that opens Thomann up for consideration when purchasing once more. 

Carrier.

I got an email from UPS and used their payment system. They also have 'pay the driver' available in some areas.

It was a little more than expected - I accounted for VAT and the courier admin charge but had forgotten about import tax as well.

Total paid about £214. Still a massive bargain.

• Like 1

If when one of you guys get your VT 500 you decide you don't like it, please PM me!

I'm gutted I missed this offer and would be happy to pay the just over £200 it costs for the amp, VAT and import charges.

• Like 1