Why become a member? ×

Peavey 300 combo - for sale again

fryer

bought secondhand in 2002. 200 w output with its 15" B W speaker, or 300 w if used with 4 ohm extension cab. Sounds good, and has lots of controls, ie, 8 band equaliser, pre / post gain, patch, etc, and can be bi-amped. Looks tatty. Fitted with side handles 'cos it's heavy.

Need to sell to pay for the recently purchased Crate head and Epifani cabinet. Realised the previous price was a bit low, so hoping for £170. Still a good price I think, from what was said previously. Can deliver locally, between Basingstoke and London.

Edited by fryer

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='446503' date='Mar 26 2009, 09:12 PM']Doesn't look too bad! You haven't put your asking price by the way..[/quote]
I don't really know what it's worth - £90 ?

[quote name='Thornybank' post='446578' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:13 PM']Black Widow 15" is worth £100 on its own.
£250 less adjustment for the cosmetics, methinks.
Already have one, tho' - 3rd I've had - all well poundy.

If anybody ever wants the powered 2x10 top cab....[/quote]

As my mother would say "not while pussy's a cat"...

Not in the current climate...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='447603' date='Mar 27 2009, 06:50 PM']The year is 1986 and Trace Elliot is King but there is a combo that is both powerful and sweet sounding......

That combo was The Combo 300. :)
£90, bargain.[/quote]
Indeed. I flogged mine for £50 not working, the new owner gave it a kick and it now plays every week in a covers band, lives outside in a trailer when not in use and has never missed a beat. Nuff said.

I used to use trace elliot until, very poor needed to sell, and while I had no amp I used to borrow one of these from a
friend, and used to keep asking if he would sell it to me (he wasn't a bassist BTW, he ran a PA and Disco company!), which he never would!

I could not recommend it highly enough. Loud, tight, controllable sound, it is definitely worth more than £90, so an absolute steal if anyone is after a good amp, well powerfull enough for rehearsals and pub gigs...