Why become a member? Ɨ

Ampeg B200r finally used it

pbasspecial

Last night I got to use myĀ recently purchased Ampeg B200r atĀ rehearsal last night with my 81Ā Tokai P Bass with black nylons. Sounded fantastic. Lovely fat, gritty old school tone. Just as a bass should be šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

I can see me letting the Barefaced Supertwin and Ashdown ABM500 go (will get anotherĀ if IĀ ever join a super loud rock band again).Ā 
Will gig with it in a few weeks timeĀ and make the final decision then. Nice when a purchase exceeds your expectations!

• Like 5

I won't put black Nylon wrapped strings on any bass I have. I've done it three times and all three basses ended up stolen.Ā 

When I got my Precision I wanted to use Rotosounds but none were available in Liverpool at the time. FinallyĀ I took a train to Manchester to buy some.Ā 

Edited by BassmanPaul

11 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

I won't put black Nylon wrapped strings on any bass I have. I've done it three times and all three basses ended up stolen.Ā 

When I got my Precision I wanted to use Rotosounds but none were available in Liverpool at the time. FinallyĀ I took a train to Manchester to buy some.Ā 

Sorry to hear you keep getting your basses nicked. Might be worth getting those mini tracking devices in the gig bag or under theĀ pick guard.Ā 

747822C6-DC6B-4122-98E7-258505ACF379.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Only works on stolen stuff if another TrackR user's phone app comes along and pings you.

Thanks for that. To be honest I have it but havenā€™t got round to setting it up yet. Thanks for letting me know how it worksĀ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2021 at 08:37, Pow_22 said:

Great amps!Ā  I have the B50R and it sounds moreĀ  'old school valvey' that my actual 'old school valvey' SB12!

Yeah, I have a B50R. Have had it for donkeys. I really don't need it, but I couldn't bear to sell it :)Ā I have at times taken the amp out and used it as a pre amp for a big rig. It's great. Used to use a B100R at a studio too, that was nice too.Ā 

I really need to get around to fixing the light on it.Ā Ā 

• Like 1