Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* ACG Krell 4 custom 30.5" short scale
£1300
London

LukeGTE

A custom build made for myself, completed in 2017.

https://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0269krell-4/

• Body Wood: Black Limba
  • Top Wood: AI Buckeye Burl with Purpleheart accent
  • Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Neck Wood: 5 piece Maple/Purpleheart
  • Finger Board: Purpleheart
  • Scale: 30.5″
  • Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Pickups: ACG RFB humbucker bridge. ACG PB split coil neck in a Black Limba/Purpleheart/Buckeye ramp.
  • Hardware: Hipshot Type A  Dunlop Dual Schaller Straplocks, Hipshot Ultralites with Detuner on the E.
  • Pre-amp: ACG DFM 4K
  • Weight: 4.1kg (9lbs)

One small ding by the strap lock at the bridge end. Sounds amazing, plays like butter. I also like that the neck doesn't encroach too far in to the body. This means it feels like a standard scale bass and not like a toy, but with the benefit of the short scale.

My collection is getting too big and I don't really play it.

£1300 delivered in a Hiscox hard case. Price negotiable for those of y'all that can come and view before transacting (NW3).

I might be interested in swaps or p/x for pedals and SMALL cabs/amps/combos (i.e. MicroMark/PJ Double 4).

Crypto-friendly - ETH/DOT/UNI/WOO, pretty much any ERC-20 that is top 200. Or bank transfer is fine.

Available for Zoom if anyone wants to see it and get some more details.

Thank you for viewing.

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

PXL_20210513_175336256.jpg

PXL_20210513_175616285.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edited by LukeGTE
Added more photos
  • Like 9

Aye, she's pretty. Buckeye bur and purple heart have always looked amazing together in my opinion. They individually have other-wordly looks, but also contrast so much. It's almost like they're at opposite ends of the timber spectrum. I decided to go for this look after seeing it in other guitars and also furniture. The guy who built it uses some spectacular woods, and he did a fantastic job.

Absolutely Stunning bass this!!!

Withdrew my ACG Krell bass last week, from the forum..Very wise decision, for ONCE in my life! lol

Would now have sellers remorse for sure. In short, Just fantastically built and playing bass guitars.

GLWTS 😃👍

• Like 2

IMO the Krell is one of Alans best designs, style, function, playability (yes I have one), and this is a beauty and you know the quality of woods & build are world class.... GLWTS

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 4000 said:

Ok, cheers. 16.5 is actually my preference. Hmmm.......

Yea same. It also has an asymmetrical neck profile. That, combined with the spacing, makes it really fast to play. And it's great for chords.

£1300 delivered in a Hiscox case.

5 hours ago, edstraker123 said:

Hi, could you post a picture of the ding or any other blemishes please. This is truly stunning !

I've added that photo for you. Thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to add that :lol:

I've also added a recent photo that shows how the purple heart has deepened to a kind of chocolatey purple colour.

Happy to add more photos of any particulars but I can't see any imperfections, other than aforementioned ding.

I really think this is unbelievable value, it's a lovely bass. It would have sold in record time were it not for the weight! For a shorty, she's a bit of a fat lass. But you'll put up with that given the performance and looks... {insert ubiquitous mum joke here}.

X

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic