Why become a member? ×

Forgotten Albums which future generations will appreciate.

TheGreek

7 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Who is buying all the vinyl they are selling these days?

My nomination for future appreciated currently sunk with hardly a trace and barely appreciated in the first place album is The Travelling Wilburys. One hit 'single' got airplay for awhile, 'Handle Me With Care', then zippity nada except the occasional play on Classic Hits of late.

Was that underappreciated when it came out?? One of the best albums ever, I practically wore my copy out! Not a duff track on it and you can hear the fun they are all having.

Plus you get to hear one of the all time finest vocalists in pop - Roy Orbison - singing with one of the worst ever - Bob Dylan 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I could only grab two albums for my desert island sojourn, these would probably do:

Focus - Live at the Rainbow

Focus - Hamburger Concerto

For we bass players and fans, Bert Ruiter is IMHO one of the most underrated players ever to pick up a bass.  Listen to him on the live version of Answers? Questions! Questions? Answers!  Solid, solid stuff.

Edited by jazzburger
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

On a 7 days basis, it's missing 2, or is it the repeat function ?

She can listen to 5 songs either in one sitting or spread out over the week. It ensures I get 2 days peace from her playing music. 🥸

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, xgsjx said:

I think these are some gems which have maybe already been forgotten:

Groove Armada - Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)
Tears For Fears - The Hurting
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream

Not forgotten in my world they're not. Cracking albums, all three of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Richard R said:

Was that underappreciated when it came out?? One of the best albums ever, I practically wore my copy out! Not a duff track on it and you can hear the fun they are all having.

Plus you get to hear one of the all time finest vocalists in pop - Roy Orbison - singing with one of the worst ever - Bob Dylan 😅

The Tweeter and the Monkey Man number works great but they really should have put Dillon on a low part on Handle Me With Care.

Over here the radio played HMWC on a fairly high rotation for a little while and that was pretty much it until Classic Hits brought it on.

• Like 1