Why become a member? ×

Forgotten Albums which future generations will appreciate.

TheGreek

Inspired by a couple of existing threads. 

What (forgotten) albums will future generations re-discover? I'll go...

Infected - The The
Introducing the Hardline according to Terence Trent-D'arby 
Stop Making sense - Talking Heads
Handsworth Revolution - Steel Pulse

• Like 5

Stevie Winwood - Back in the high life

Anything from Robert Palmer

Oleta Adams - Circle of one

I admit that I still like FGTH, Cyndi Lauper, Durans...

That TTDA is one good bet!

Edited by itu
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Inspired by a couple of existing threads. 

What (forgotten) albums will future generations re-discover? I'll go...

Infected - The The
Introducing the Hardline according to Terence Trent-D'arby 
Stop Making sense - Talking Heads
Handsworth Revolution - Steel Pulse

Def the TTD album, bought it recently and it’s really good.

Middle age millionaires, completely disassociated from that which made them great in the first place, struggle and fail to capture anything of merit while unable to relate to each other or their music, incapable of critiquing or being critiqued, then subtly blame the whole mess on Bob Rock who, wisely or unwisely and under great pressure from management, went shoulder deep to extract turgid offerings from far, far up their rectal passages and piece it all together in some sort of cohesive and musical way. What more is there to understand? It was embraced all the way to the charity shops.

The documentary is wonderful, as is Berlinger's book about the experience, but the soundtrack should be buried under lava 😁

• Haha 5

Ha! Ha! Ha! by Ultravox!

So that the future generations understand which band Muse has simply plagiarised without ever mentioning it. Sad but true 😉 , just listen to this gem by Ultravox! and you should understand where the inspiration comes from.

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Middle age millionaires, completely disassociated from that which made them great in the first place, struggle and fail to capture anything of merit while unable to relate to each other or their music, incapable of critiquing or being critiqued, then subtly blame the whole mess on Bob Rock who, wisely or unwisely and under great pressure from management, went shoulder deep to extract turgid offerings from far, far up their rectal passages and piece it all together in some sort of cohesive and musical way. What more is there to understand? It was embraced all the way to the charity shops.

The documentary is wonderful, as is Berlinger's book about the experience, but the soundtrack should be buried under lava 😁

Or Trapped Under Ice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bad for Good by Jim Steinman seems to be getting a lot of praise now he's passed, whereas it was always considered naff and a bit of a joke as far as I'm aware due to him not waiting for Meatloaf to be healthy enough to sing it. 

Longest sentence I've ever written on BC. 

• Like 1

I never got all the rage directed at St Anger. I admit the snare's a bit upfront in the mix but I appreciate the lack of guitar solos. Then again I think both Load and Reload would've made a cracking single album, with the weaker fillers dumped,  and better than the overrated pre-black album years.

• Sad 1

Sparks - propaganda 

Klaus Schulze - moon dawn

Groundhogs - Hogwash

Atomic Rooster - In hearing of 

Rush-Rush 

Stormtroopers of death - speak English or die 

Hawkwind - Hawklords 

Tangerine dream - underwater sunlight 

Crosby stills Nash and young - deja vu 

Jean michel jarre - waiting for Cousteau 

Kings x - anything really 

overkill- taking over

Nuckear assault - the plague 

Swamp terrorists - grim stroke disease 

Thats enough to be getting on with 😊

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheGreek said:

I don't think I've listened to any of those albums...maybe this generation (me?) might appreciate them.

A bit of a mish - mash really . Not necesssarilly the artists most well known albums ( except s o d ) , but hidden gems if you like those bands . Then again propaganda  is probably one of the best albums by sparks . 

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Then again I think both Load and Reload would've made a cracking single album, with the weaker fillers dumped, 

I've always said this about Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 as well 👍

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

and better than the overrated pre-black album years.

HOW can Justice and Puppets be considered over rated in any scenario? Seriously??

Edited by MHMSWC#03
  • Like 2

Regarding metallica . Was a huge fan . Met cliff and co back in the day .

Have all of their albums ( except lulu ) but let's be honest ..everything pre black album is  their golden era when they were the underdogs and were what was needed at the time. Sandman could have easily been on the earlier albums blah blah blah .  Yes the load / reload  should have been a much shorter album .  I last saw them on the last tour they played at the o2 . Still good , but tamer of course as you'd expect . 

To me , they now are just kiss2 ( money money money ) 

I offloaded the ride the lightning box set despite being at that Lyceum gig

It was unopened . I offloaded the live binge and purge vhs box set .

Why? Because they are as doctor j said 😸 

I have the monster dvd , watched it twice . However ,it is too cringey to arch again . Ricky gervais style . 

I still have the puppets tour poster framed in my hallway as I guess it's " classic " but I am so borerd  of them now .  I may sell eventually , but  I 'm looking for a decent poster to replace it with . The rush presto album cover would be cool . 
Not so dad rock 😸

Anyway ,back to the topic in hand ..

• Like 1

Camel - Stationary Traveller. Just superb

Rick Wakeman - 1984. Wakeman doesn't like it. Tim Rice wrote the lyrics but his name is teenyweeny on the sleeve and I dont think he's a fan.But Chaka Khan's vocals on Robot Man and Julia are stunning.

U2 - Songs of Innocence. Overshadowed by the iTunes delivery fiasco, but has some heartfelt songs.p

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut. Not the CD issue with "When the tigers broke free" shoehorned into side one badly. But the rest of the album isn't bad, and The Gunner's Dream is one of those songs I wish I could write.