Why become a member? ×

Bass widows

Girlarms

5 hours ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

Oh god yes 😂

Demographically (and physically too, I suppose) golf is a more older gents hobby than cycling. So perhaps the ladies on Gransnet meet there to discuss their husbands in much the same manner 🤣

On Gransnet they will be staring threads like ''How to get him to take up golf''.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

On Gransnet they will be staring threads like ''How to get him to take up golf''.

Seems they spend much time moaning about their awful daughter in laws who have 'stolen' their 'prince' away from them, and how very dare those women who have married their sons then not follow their well meaning but incredibly out of date pushy advice about how it's okay to leave the baby in a pram at the bottom of the garden to cry it out for three hours.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything ... 😜

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

Yeah! And we want proof of the single-ness too! I want to see at least three days worth of washing up! 🤣

Hey - we're civilised round here! Washing-up and laundry are both usually under control... dining table has a habit of disappearing under photography gear, astronomy gear, bookbinding gear....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/05/2021 at 20:24, seashell said:

Maybe you could get your wife to sign up. I could do with some female company in the Den of Iniquity thread 😂

I really should drop in there more often... been neglecting it for a while now. The WhatsApp group's gone quiet, too...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lozkerr said:

I really should drop in there more often... been neglecting it for a while now. The WhatsApp group's gone quiet, too...

They've been talking about cars quite a lot recently. Not really my bag tbh.

I should start something about kittens and unicorns, haha😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seashell said:

They've been talking about cars quite a lot recently. Not really my bag tbh.

I should start something about kittens and unicorns, haha😂

You could make a girls thread. For all the girls. We could talk about ... boys. And how our hands aren't really big enough to reach all those flipping frets we want to reach. Just a suggestion 😆

• Haha 2

But you want to know what I hate? How when you watch a bass video on YouTube and some guy is just sitting there, all junk and no face. Like turn your body away from the camera a little bit, dude. I don't wanna see your package! Any other ladies have this issue?

16 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

But you want to know what I hate? How when you watch a bass video on YouTube and some guy is just sitting there, all junk and no face. Like turn your body away from the camera a little bit, dude. I don't wanna see your package! Any other ladies have this issue?

I don't often watch bass videos on YouTube tbh. Prefer to print off a tab and/or work it out for myself. I know, I know, very old school. 

So I've been spared this dubious experience, haha 😂

1 minute ago, seashell said:

I don't often watch bass videos on YouTube tbh. Prefer to print off a tab and/or work it out for myself. I know, I know, very old school. 

So I've been spared this dubious experience, haha 😂

😂

I print the tabs off too. Then I end up writing all over them and confusing myself.

Impressed you figure your own out, I have not got that far with it yet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

You could make a girls thread. For all the girls. We could talk about ... boys. And how our hands aren't really big enough to reach all those flipping frets we want to reach. Just a suggestion 😆

At the risk of being serious, you don't need big hands or long fingers to play bass - just move your whole hand, otherwise you'll hurt your tendons trying to stretch between frets.

/ as you were

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

I’ve not had my eyes sullied by a gents package, but why do some blokes seem to think it’s ok to make videos in shorts? It’s not a good look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’ve not had my eyes sullied by a gents package, but why do some blokes seem to think it’s ok to make videos in shorts? It’s not a good look.

Fortunately, I have not come across anyone wearing shorts in a tab video. Mind you, after seeing my number one idol David Ellefson peddling his wares on Twitter last week, my eyes are freshly bleached and anything else would be positively tame in comparison at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

At the risk of being serious, you don't need big hands or long fingers to play bass - just move your whole hand, otherwise you'll hurt your tendons trying to stretch between frets.

/ as you were

It's more a case of struggling to hit the right note whilst thinking something along the lines of 'I bet Gene Simmons doesn't have this problem, the bar steward'

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Tell that to my little finger as it fails to reach over to the E string at the 14th fret 😣

What are you doing up there? Don’t you know the money is in the first five frets?

• Haha 2